ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa ext: e-statements vs on bank's letter head

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rainyhope
Newly Registered

Visa ext: e-statements vs on bank's letter head

Post by rainyhope » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:20 am

Hi all,

Got a quick question, hope someone can help!!

Can I submit 12 months E-statements even though my bank is not strictly an 'online bank' only? I understand the guidance notes say e-statements can be provided for online banks only....

I ask because I have ordered 12 month statements in post, but they have not arrived yet...and my appointment is here! The bank has given me a 3 month statement on letterhead for maintenance funds, but for the remaining 12 month statements, hope e-statements stamped are ok? Otherwise, am in trouble!! :(

Help please?!!

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:20 pm

2 years ago when I applied for initial grant on Tier 1, I was very close to the 19 July salary band increases. I had my employer pay me early (15 July) and submitted my application the same day. Because I couldn't get the salary to show on an 'official' statement, I had the bank sign and stamp a printout from their online service. It was no problem. I bank with a traditional 'Brick and mortar' bank (Bank of Scotland) and all of my other statements I submitted were normal ones through the post.

Your experience may vary, but I had no issue.

My best friend also banks with Bank of Scotland but has opted for e-statements only. He was also able to get these stamped and submitted them for his Tier 2 (General) application.
Last edited by jonbca on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:21 pm

One more thing: they're very particular that if you're using double-sided printouts, each side of the page has to be stamped. It's not enough to just stamp one side.