ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - Spain Query on Duration

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Master_Blaster

Schengen Visa - Spain Query on Duration

Post by Master_Blaster » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi,

I have ILR on an Indian passport,which is valid until 2016.

I have booked two trpis to the Schengen Area, one to Spain in end October (3 days) and another to Amsterdam in March 2013 (4 days).

When I applied for my Schengen Visa through Spanish embassy, I had also attached a covering letter explaining my 2 trips and my intention to make a few other trips (only for tourism), and had requested them to grant me multiple entry Visa, with validity for a year. I had also provided flight and hotel accomodation evidences for both my trips.

I got my Visa back through VFS yesterday and was shocked to see only 1 month single entry visa being given, covering my trip this year.

I checked with VFS and they said, any appeals / queries have to be taken up with Spanish Embassy directly.

I tried calling the Visa desk number in Spanish Consulate (as per their website) and there is no answer. I would have tried at least 25 times today.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Does one have right to appeal (or at least get proper explanation) for the reasoning behind the visa duration that was granted?

Thank you for your help.

giardaella
BANNED

Re: Schengen Visa - Spain Query on Duration

Post by giardaella » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:01 am

Master_Blaster wrote:Hi,

I have ILR on an Indian passport,which is valid until 2016.

I have booked two trpis to the Schengen Area, one to Spain in end October (3 days) and another to Amsterdam in March 2013 (4 days).

When I applied for my Schengen Visa through Spanish embassy, I had also attached a covering letter explaining my 2 trips and my intention to make a few other trips (only for tourism), and had requested them to grant me multiple entry Visa, with validity for a year. I had also provided flight and hotel accomodation evidences for both my trips.

I got my Visa back through VFS yesterday and was shocked to see only 1 month single entry visa being given, covering my trip this year.

I checked with VFS and they said, any appeals / queries have to be taken up with Spanish Embassy directly.

I tried calling the Visa desk number in Spanish Consulate (as per their website) and there is no answer. I would have tried at least 25 times today.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Does one have right to appeal (or at least get proper explanation) for the reasoning behind the visa duration that was granted?

Thank you for your help.
you should apply for trips as and when you go. Unfortunately, your 3 & 4 day trips with some general info about travelling in between won't cut in this climate towards migrants. Unless you apply for a business visa (don't know the requirements for that) you won't be able to make short-notice trips to Europe. Crazy but doubt you can successfully appeal. They'd say you apply again when you want to travel in March'13. Why don't you apply for British Citizenship?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 am

The Spanish embassy is particularly bad in this respect. This is not a surprising story.