ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general PBS dependent visa rejected.........

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aruntamilselvan
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general PBS dependent visa rejected.........

Post by aruntamilselvan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi friends
This post would be useful for anyone who is waiting eagerly on their spouse visa results.........

My first application was rejected. Even though I had my biometric residence permit and 3 month continuous bank statement at that time, by my own carelessness, I did not consult an agent for the application and submitted 2.8 month bank statement and MY visa approval letter (instead of the biometric permit) for my spouse's application...

My bank account fell below the balance after application and before I got the refusal letter....

I now have a letter from my A-rated sponsor, certifying maintenance for me and my wife (even though I am already in the UK working now). Along with the CoS, where my sponsor has certified maintenance for me when I got my Biometric permit done..

With that said, I have re-applied for my wife's visa. Even though I thought the letter from A rated sponsor and the CoS will be accepted as primary evidence, I did submit my 3 month bank statement. Since UKBA looks at bank statements just 1 month prior to the date of application, they PHONED my spouse in India asking for extra documents to be sent to them in 7 working days. I know the extra documents are a waste of time since the balance fell below requirement within the time scale they are looking for..

We have faxed and sent an email that we would want them to use the Letter from A rated sponsor as the primary evidence and not the bank statements we sent......... No response to the email, not even an acknowledgement of receipt of the fax and email.

We both are really missing each other and waiting for the application result eagerly.... sleepless nights.......

If you are going to apply for a Tier 2 general spouse visa, please please make sure you go through an agent the first time in India since they can spot anything you may have missed..... They hardly charge Rs1500 and the pain you would feel is DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT if something goes wrong....

I will update you all once I get some more information from the UKBA...

Good luck!

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:04 am

Hi Aruntamilselvan,

I hope it will all get sorted soon and i wish you all the very best and thanks alot for sharing your experience with us

A small mistake can cost alot so we need to be very careful in what we are doing.

so thanks for a good advise for all of us here

cheers

Rehan

aruntamilselvan
Newly Registered

Got the visa today.......

Post by aruntamilselvan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:48 am

Finally... My wife has got a visa today... Going to see her after 30 painful days........ Yippe........

mb64111
Newly Registered

Re: Got the visa today.......

Post by mb64111 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Many Congratulations Aruntamilselvan!

I am getting married in Feb 2013 and want to bring my wife to the UK asap after i get married. I am on Tier 2 (general) visa and have been in UK since Sep 2009 when i came here as a student.

Would you please be able to let me know what all supporting documents are required, format of the documents, marriage cert format, processing time and any important info ?

I will be grateful to you.

Thanks.

aruntamilselvan
Newly Registered

Answer

Post by aruntamilselvan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi

1. Notarised copy of your biometric permit card

2. Notarised copy of front and back page of your passport

2. Working letter from employer stating that you are in full time position, started work on xxxx, employed as xxxx & my annual salary

3. Certificate of sponsorship for YOUR tier 2 visa - check if the company is sponsoring maintenance in it... Look at the last page and see if they have put "Y" - If they have put "N" here, ignore the next step

4. Sponsorship letter from your employer stating that they "Certify maintenance" to your wife (NAME & Passport number) during her stay in UK based on the certificate number XXXX (i.e. YOUR CoS certificate number) AND your A Rated Sponsor's LICENSE NUMBER (this can be found in the CoS as well)

5. Letter from you to say that you will take full financial responsibility for your wife during her stay in UK along with the address you are living in currently

6. Tenancy agreement (original) and a bill (original - preferably council tax) IN YOUR NAME to show that you are in an accommodation that is not over crowded...

7. Your original 6 month payslips

8. Marriage certificate (ORIGINAL)

9. 2 marriage photographs

10. Wedding invitations - both families if available

11. If you have all the above, then it should be fine....... Also if you have maintained 900+600 GBP in your account continuously for 90 days, then please have ATTESTED COPIES OF THE STATEMENTS (If not original)

12. If you dont have the funds for 90 days then the only way to show maintenance funds is to have both 3&4.......

Note: All the letters and notarised copies should be less than 1 month old - as well as the bank statments from the date of application...

Hope this helps.. Good luck...

mb64111
Newly Registered

Re: Answer

Post by mb64111 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks !

I have been in the UK for more than 3 years now. Do I still need to show 900+600 or just 600 ?

Also, where shall i get the docs in 1 & 2 notarised...india or UK ?

What was the processing time ?

aruntamilselvan
Newly Registered

Post by aruntamilselvan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Well... Please go through the PBS dependent addendum from ukba on maintenance funds.. I think u may need 1500 in total even if u were here for more than 12 months.

Best way to get notarised is to get it from a Lawyer in inddia. DoNot use royal mail identity check £service

mb64111
Newly Registered

Post by mb64111 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Thanks !!

few more questions, hope you dont mind --

Did you make your application online thru visa4uk ?

What is considered as the date of application ? - the day you submit the application on visa4uk or the day of appointment at the visa office ???

How long did it take for the visa to arrive ?

nad

shanthisagar
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 general PBS dependent visa rejected.........

Post by shanthisagar » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 am

Hi arun,

To introduce myself I am Shanthisagar Dhanya Kumar. My wife and I moved to UK in Sep 2011. I moved to UK on Tier 4 Student Visa and my wife moved on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Migrant.
I've now completed my course and my visa is expiring on Jan 2013. I'm travelling to India to obtain Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. I've appointment with VFS on Nov 1 2012.

Following are the documents I am submitting for the Tier 2 dependent visa.

Document of myself
Completed and Signed Tier 2 dependent application form
My Passport
Proof of maintenance of funds - A letter by A rated Sponsor (my wife's Employer) to support funds for 30 days amounting to £ 600 on Company Letter head signed by senior official.
Proof of Marriage - Marriage certificate
Proof of Accommodation in UK - Tenancy Agreement in UK / Council Tax Bills in UK
Letter from my wife that she'll support regarding my living and accommodation in UK - Is this sufficient or is it necessary to produce bank statements of my wife? If so how many months bank statements is to be produced?

Documents of my wife
Copy of passport - Front page and Last page of my wife
Copy of Visa - Tier 2 (ICT) LT staff migrant of my wife
Copy of 6 months payslips of working in UK of my wife
A letter from wife's Employer that she is currently working in UK.

Kindly let me know if these documents suffice.
please reply ASAP as am in hurry
aruntamilselvan wrote:Hi friends
This post would be useful for anyone who is waiting eagerly on their spouse visa results.........

My first application was rejected. Even though I had my biometric residence permit and 3 month continuous bank statement at that time, by my own carelessness, I did not consult an agent for the application and submitted 2.8 month bank statement and MY visa approval letter (instead of the biometric permit) for my spouse's application...

My bank account fell below the balance after application and before I got the refusal letter....

I now have a letter from my A-rated sponsor, certifying maintenance for me and my wife (even though I am already in the UK working now). Along with the CoS, where my sponsor has certified maintenance for me when I got my Biometric permit done..

With that said, I have re-applied for my wife's visa. Even though I thought the letter from A rated sponsor and the CoS will be accepted as primary evidence, I did submit my 3 month bank statement. Since UKBA looks at bank statements just 1 month prior to the date of application, they PHONED my spouse in India asking for extra documents to be sent to them in 7 working days. I know the extra documents are a waste of time since the balance fell below requirement within the time scale they are looking for..

We have faxed and sent an email that we would want them to use the Letter from A rated sponsor as the primary evidence and not the bank statements we sent......... No response to the email, not even an acknowledgement of receipt of the fax and email.

We both are really missing each other and waiting for the application result eagerly.... sleepless nights.......

If you are going to apply for a Tier 2 general spouse visa, please please make sure you go through an agent the first time in India since they can spot anything you may have missed..... They hardly charge Rs1500 and the pain you would feel is DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT if something goes wrong....

I will update you all once I get some more information from the UKBA...

Good luck!

dineshkumarvp
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 general PBS dependent visa rejected.........

Post by dineshkumarvp » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:50 am

Hi, do you know any consultant in chennai/bangalore who can help me to apply tier2 (general) visa? please provide contact details..