ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA was refused, where is ukba appeals tribunal - UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dmax

EEA was refused, where is ukba appeals tribunal - UK

Post by dmax » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 am

my 2 sons eea permit was refused for them to join me and their mother in uk.

i submitted an appeal around 5 weeks ago to tribunal but i have not heard any word back from them regarding my papers or even an acknowledgement whether they recieved the appeal forms or not.

i have to submit more supporting documuments in order to give them as much evidence as possible.

an immigration lawyer in uk law centre told us also that ubka refuse almost all eea cases but eventually 99% of them are won on appeal, this seems unbelievable and so silly that ukba will waste time and money on refusing applications only to be won on appeal.

anyway can any one give me a number and address for appeals in uk for eea applications. THANKYOU

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Re: EEA was refused, where is ukba appeals tribunal - UK

Post by a.s.b.o » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:27 pm

dmax wrote:my 2 sons eea permit was refused for them to join me and their mother in uk.

i submitted an appeal around 5 weeks ago to tribunal but i have not heard any word back from them regarding my papers or even an acknowledgement whether they recieved the appeal forms or not.

i have to submit more supporting documuments in order to give them as much evidence as possible.

an immigration lawyer in uk law centre told us also that ubka refuse almost all eea cases but eventually 99% of them are won on appeal, this seems unbelievable and so silly that ukba will waste time and money on refusing applications only to be won on appeal.

anyway can any one give me a number and address for appeals in uk for eea applications. THANKYOU
Hi Dmax

I am in the same boat, a waiting of nearly 3 weeks passed with no acknowledgement on their side. Bureaucracy was the worst French import into Britain, bar Napoleon's plans to invade the island.

I am glad that your legal team indicates such a high success rate on the appeals, there is something will be defo looking up to! The logic is simple - if UKBA cannot stop clandestines from entering the country, they can cut down on legal migration. so let’s substitute quality migration with a illiterate electorate.

But lets be thankful for European legislation and the right to appeal, unfortunately not free, something that we perhaps address.

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:41 pm

To be fair to UKBA, the number of people wanting to get permission to live in the UK is overwhelming.

Add into to the mix the liars, cheats and a legal system that feeds of them and we have organised chaos.

Its a double edged sword but if Britain were free from the shackles of EU laws, a more controlable and efficient but much more retsrictive immigration policy would be in place.

Can't have it both ways. Patience is the key word.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:31 pm

keffers wrote:To be fair to UKBA, the number of people wanting to get permission to live in the UK is overwhelming.

Add into to the mix the liars, cheats and a legal system that feeds of them and we have organised chaos.

Its a double edged sword but if Britain were free from the shackles of EU laws, a more controlable and efficient but much more retsrictive immigration policy would be in place.

Kef

I think compliance is the key. They expect us to comply while dont display the same attitude. Douglas North discussed this well within in institutional framework - institutions( UKBA) set the standard, organisations (individuals) follow. Organisational behaviour in return reinforces institutions. When organsiations cannot see the guiding model, they lose respect for institutions. This breakdown is seen in many developing countries. And soon in the uk too

Your view of the restrictive and efficient immigration model is over optimistic and within terms of the existing uk operations are mutually excluding. What makes you say that if uk yields to eurosceptics, overnight you will get a robust system in place? Step from wonderland in real world mate

CODEBLUE

UKBA = APPLY + APPEAL

Post by CODEBLUE » Wed May 22, 2013 6:18 pm

I applied for my EEA2 last year January got refused in November, appealed in February this year (paper hearing) Allowed 8th March. I am still waiting...

It seems this is the new trend. Why refuse a visa only for that decision to be overruled?? How will they ever get rid of hundreds upon hundreds of boxes full of paper applications if they keep it all going round and round in this their ridiculous circus??

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Wed May 22, 2013 7:22 pm

dmax wrote:my 2 sons eea permit was refused for them to join me and their mother in uk.

Have you applied on paper or paid for your application on website?

If on paper, you will need to wait longer and it will probably take more than a month. Because in case of paying on-line they informed me that I will get acknowledgement letter up to 28 days, and my case will be registered in about 10. So I would still wait patiently.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Wed May 22, 2013 7:24 pm

First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber)
PO Box 6987
Leicester
United Kingdom
LE1 6ZX

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 am

a.s.b.o wrote:
keffers wrote:To be fair to UKBA, the number of people wanting to get permission to live in the UK is overwhelming.

Kef

I think compliance is the key. They expect us to comply while dont display the same attitude. Douglas North discussed this well within in institutional framework - institutions( UKBA) set the standard, organisations (individuals) follow. Organisational behaviour in return reinforces institutions. When organsiations cannot see the guiding model, they lose respect for institutions. This breakdown is seen in many developing countries. And soon in the uk too

Your view of the restrictive and efficient immigration model is over optimistic and within terms of the existing uk operations are mutually excluding. What makes you say that if uk yields to eurosceptics, overnight you will get a robust system in place? Step from wonderland in real world mate
well said..!!
UK------++++-------****

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Thu May 23, 2013 2:25 am

I don't see why people complain/make the assumption that there is too many peoples wanting to get permission to live in the uk..!!! they have the right to do so..eu treaty rights,free movement,is that rings any bells..??
do u know how many brits who live abroad..?in europe and elsewhere..?

check this link out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/i ... road/html/

5.5 million british citizens lives abroad,not sure when this article was published,but u can see clearly that,there is 761,000 in spain alone , 200,000 in france ,291,000 in ireland ,1,300,000 in australia alone..!!!
and the list is long..!!

i guess those stats are not overwhelming at all...!! we live in a world where people travel,move and reside where ever they choose .
and by the way there is chaos everywhere u go,not just in the uk ,as british citizens we are not saints when abroad,and the same issues we have here in the uk and what we face with "foreigners as u pointed out with liars+cheats..ect..the same goes when we are abroad and the natives see us as foreigners and they have prejudices like the one u have now against them..as u recall maybe,we had once an exchange of messages,in the same contest that u made a comment in a similar case,and i told u and i'm telling u again,whoever breaks the law,i'll expect them the pay the price and be punished at their own risk and perils but as a british citizen,if u want other people from other countries to respect u when u travel to their countries,then u need to do the same and accept people when they come here,this is what is all about,the free movement..its a 2 way street like they say,wouldn't u agree..

sorry if i came too hard on u,i tend to be straight forward, its a free country and we have the right to free speech,feel free to comment if u wish,but i totally disagree with your views,as i mentioned it before in one of my replies to u... ;-) .. no hard feelings i hope.
UK------++++-------****

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Thu May 23, 2013 2:33 am

again tax payers who pays the price..!!we pay the price,not the ukba..they don't care,they are not concerned..if in every lost appeal they take money from their salary..i'm 110% they will make more efficient decisions and they will comply by the law and deliver a world class service as it was said in one of mark harper's immigration statement about the high quality and world class service the ukba provides..give me a break please..
UK------++++-------****

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat May 25, 2013 8:25 am

dmax, did your appeal ever get resolved?