ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Academic qualification is a requirement now!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lbfrancois

Academic qualification is a requirement now!

Post by lbfrancois » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:23 pm

I'm very frustrated about the new HSMP rules. I was planning to apply for extension, but I've just realized that I score ALL the points in ALL categories exept Academic.

45 points for earnings
20 for age
5 for uk experience
ALL TOP SCORES!!

But 0 for Academic. I didn't claim academic experience when I applied for HSMP. But now for an extension, it's a requirement!! As even if you score TOP points on all other categories, you still can't make the pass mark without academic qualifications! How can they expect ppl to get a degree in only one year under HSMP??

Now my only option is to apply for WP... I'm really disappointed with Home Office decisions. The new rules should NOT affect ppl who are HSMP holders already in UK.

inso

Re: Academic qualification is a requirement now!

Post by inso » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:52 pm

lbfrancois wrote:As even if you score TOP points on all other categories, you still can't make the pass mark without academic qualifications!
Well, from the points composition, it is quite clear that it was intentionally designed to exclude anyone without an academic qualification. The same can be said for income; even with only an advanced degree, you won't qualify. The other two categories are just "sugar" on top.
How can they expect ppl to get a degree in only one year under HSMP??
That, really, is the crux of the unhappiness of all current HSMP holders who need to apply for extension -- they are changing the rules of the game in mid-game. I doubt they are expecting you to get a degree within a year; but this has now, unfortunately, been applied to everyone who came to the UK under the assumption that the rules wouldn't change.