ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension: Courier delivery and Payment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asmiali

Tier 1 Extension: Courier delivery and Payment

Post by asmiali » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:53 am

Hello,

1) I submitted my application by DHL Courier to the UK Border Agency. The proof of delivery shows signed by HAQL. What is HAQL? Is this the right delivery address?

2) Is there any way to track my application? When I originally applied for the visa, I was given a tracking number. This time nothing? How does this work?

Any help would be great.

Regards,

Al

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:35 pm

any information would be helpful.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:41 pm

2. No. The way it woks for leave to remain applications is that you apply and then wait for the decision to be communicated to you.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:31 pm

asmiali wrote:If I get my application rejected and I want to challenge the decision, do I need to leave the country?

On the payment details where it says to put your name as it appears on the debit card, I have put Mr Ali asmi, rather than just Ali asmi. Is it possible that they reject the payment because some genius keeps putting Mr in the name thing.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:33 pm

1. No.
2. Should be okay.

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:38 pm

It has been over a week and I have still not received a letter from the UK border agency stating that my application has been delivered. What should I do now?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:14 pm

UKBA does not send confirmation of "delivery of an application".

Wait patiently.

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:44 pm

what about the acknowledgement letter, anything for some peace of mind??? any phone number, email address, anything at all?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:45 pm

You know it has been delivered because you sent it by courier and it was signed for. It can take more than a week for the acknowledgment letter so you just need to wait.

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Sorry to message again but its just becoming really tense now. potentially my future. Soon it will be two weeks and i have still not received a letter from ukba. is there absolutely NO WAY to confirm if they received the application.
At the moment here are the possibilities:

1) Maybe the courier delivered it incorrectly
2) It has gone to the wrong department at UKBA

I have asked the courier to re check if it was delivered incorrectly.

Based on the scenarios above, what are my other options?

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:33 pm

As sushdmehta said, be positive and wait patiently.

1) If you have provided address correctly, it's not your fault, keep your postage of proof secure. UKBA sent acknowledgement by second class post and it's more chances of getting lost then courier.

2) you can call and check with HO but not sure they will provided any detail for such short period. I can recall some cases where they confirmed application on their record but no further.

asmiali wrote:Sorry to message again but its just becoming really tense now. potentially my future. Soon it will be two weeks and i have still not received a letter from ukba. is there absolutely NO WAY to confirm if they received the application.
At the moment here are the possibilities:

1) Maybe the courier delivered it incorrectly
2) It has gone to the wrong department at UKBA

I have asked the courier to re check if it was delivered incorrectly.

Based on the scenarios above, what are my other options?

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Brilliant insights. Thanks. Quick follow up:

1) You are right, the second class post might have been lost. Now what? What do I do? since if it is lost, I will not be getting this.

2) I cannot find the number or email address for Tier 1 HO. Can you help in this regard?

BTW DHL have just said, "The driver has confirmed that he delivers to this address on a regular basis and that this parcel was delivered with all the rest.

madhumesh wrote:As sushdmehta said, be positive and wait patiently.

1) If you have provided address correctly, it's not your fault, keep your postage of proof secure. UKBA sent acknowledgement by second class post and it's more chances of getting lost then courier.

2) you can call and check with HO but not sure they will provided any detail for such short period. I can recall some cases where they confirmed application on their record but no further.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.