ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Now What......?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hellokittyhannah

Now What......?

Post by hellokittyhannah » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:53 pm

As mentioned in previous posts, my husband's spouse visa has been rejected. We are now preparing for an appeal. However I have just realised that the UKBA have not sent me back all my documents.

All my proof such as phone bills, emails etc are missing and the most important thing - all my proofs of accommodation are also missing.
This includes all original documents of land registry, accommodation report and a few other bits and pieces. (I did give them photocopies as well as originals but they have not sent me back anything).

I'm not surprised they refused the visa now, it's because they most likely did not even bother looking through all my documents and instead LOST THEM!!

I'm so furious, what do I do now? Can I not complain? Is it even worth it? I'm starting to hate this whole system more and more. They won't take any responsibility for it and they just leave people feeling miserable and lost.

I am supposed to re submit evreything again for the appeal but I don't even have all my documents!!

Can someone please assist?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:07 pm

It would be better if you kept your posts in one thread. It is standard practice for them to retain the originals during the appeal process.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:07 pm

It would be better if you kept your posts in one thread. It is standard practice for them to retain the originals during the appeal process.

hellokittyhannah

Post by hellokittyhannah » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Greenie wrote:It would be better if you kept your posts in one thread. It is standard practice for them to retain the originals during the appeal process.
My apologies - I will keep one thread next time.
So do they just pick and choose documents they want to keep?
Even though the documents they have kept have nothing to do with the reasons for refusal?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!