ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success PEO Sheffield 22/10/2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oakleigh841
Newly Registered

ILR success PEO Sheffield 22/10/2012

Post by oakleigh841 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this board, it's been really useful in regard to knowing what to expect at the PEO. I'll describe my experience here for other applicant’s future reference.

My situation:
HSMP (2 years) + Tier1 (3 years).
Tier1 expires 15/11/12, so I’m applying after 4 years 11 months, not the full 5 years.
My HSMP was valid from 15/11/07, but my first entry to the UK was 18/01/08, so 64 days delayed travel before initial entry to the UK.
I had 220 days out of the country during the 5 year qualifying period, comprised of 152 days annual leave, and 52 days of business travel. I had no absences of 90 days or longer.
Have worked for the same company my whole time in the UK.
No dependants (My wife has her own HSMP/Tier 1).

Docs:
Payslips & bank statements (12 months)
Life in UK.
P60’s for the last 5 years.
Letter from employer stating that I am an employee and that they’d stamped and signed payslips and P60.
Letter from employer detailing the 52 days of business travel.

The day:
I couldn't get an appointment in London, so I booked a 10:00am appointment at Sheffield about a month ago for October 22nd. I came up the evening before and stayed at the Hilton along the road from the PEO. I'd read on this forum that you could arrive early at Sheffield PEO, so I arrived at 9:00am and was through security and had my token by 9:15.

At 9:20 my number was called and a lady went through my application, asked me how old my photos were, and told me my application was valid. She asked me if I had made photocopies of my supporting documents, which I had, so she wrote this in red pen on the front of my application, put the application in a plastic cover and returned it and told me to pay at the next window.

I paid the lady at the next window, and she took the application and she said I'd be called for biometrics shortly. I was called for biometrics at 10:00am, and was done with that in about 5 minutes. The biometrics guy told me he would now give my file to the caseworker and I'd have my number called again to speak with the caseworker.

The caseworker called my number at 11:20, I went to the window and she went through the application page by page. She asked for payslips, so I got my folder out and started to take them out. She asked if all my documents and photocopies were in the folder, and I said they were. She then said it might be quicker for her to just take the whole folder, which I agreed with, so she came out to the reception area and took it from me. She said it would take 45 - 60 mins to go through the application and documents, so I could leave the building and come back if I wanted. I went back to Hilton and watched TV for an hour, checked out, then went back down to the PEO at 12:30.

I went to the customer services counter and told the receptionist the CW had asked me to check in when I got back. The receptionist told me to take a seat and she would let the CW know. The CW came pretty much straight out and called me to one of the windows and said everything was fine with the application and it had been processed. She came out with my document folder and passports. She gave everything back and said my biometrics card would arrive by courier in a few days time.

Observations:
Take change for the vending machine. There’s no change machine there and no cafeteria.
I noticed quite a few people being told their photos were too old as had not been taken in the last month. There’s a pay photo booth there to take new photos if needed.
I asked the biometrics guy if it was first come first served with respect to people arriving early for their appointment. He told me it doesn’t really matter what time people show up and register/pay, they’ll still be seen in the order their appointments have been booked. I think this is true, as people came in after me but were called for biometrics before I was. They obviously had earlier appointment slots, but had arrived closer to their allocated slot than I did. I guess if you do show up early you’ll be seen before others with the same appointment time as you.
I think it definitely made it quicker for the CW to consider my case as I’d supplied photocopies of everything. She seemed quite pleased that I had done that. If you don’t supply photocopies, I guess she has to do it herself, which will slow your case down.
I found the UKBA staff to be very pleasant, professional, and wanting to see people be successful.

Any questions, I’ll do my best to answer.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:41 am

Congratulations oakleigh841. I am on same boat like yours appointment at sheffield next month at same category HSMP (2 years) + Tier1 (3 years).
Thanks

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:45 am

Congratulation mate! I think I saw you yesterday at Sheffield PEO. My decision was delayed due to the biometrics fiasco. But fortunately they called me today and confirmed the application is successful.

I completely agree with you about the appointment time slots no matter what time you come they have booked according to your original time slot.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=116379
Last edited by navodwickra on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 am

Hi there mate,
Congratulations on your successful application. May I ask, if it is mandatory to to submit 5 years worth P60 at the time of ILR Application? Although, I am over a year away from applying for it myself, I would like to be cautious.
Ta - R
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

oakleigh841
Newly Registered

Post by oakleigh841 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:10 pm

The case worker didn't explicitly ask for P60's. I had them in a folder with all my other docs that she took, so she may have looked at them.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Congrats mate.

When you said photocopying everything, did you photocopy even your payslips, P60s, statements, in addition to the cohab docs?

Would very much like to know, as I did not plan making copies of payslips or P60s.

Kind regards,

Adojay
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

tilapiafish
Newly Registered

Post by tilapiafish » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm

congrats

oakleigh841
Newly Registered

Post by oakleigh841 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Adojay wrote:Congrats mate.

When you said photocopying everything, did you photocopy even your payslips, P60s, statements, in addition to the cohab docs?

Would very much like to know, as I did not plan making copies of payslips or P60s.

Kind regards,

Adojay
Yes, I made copies of everything, including payslips. It says on the last page of the application form that you are supposed to supply photocopies. The only thing I didn't supply a copy of was the application form itself.

I didn't have cohab docs, my wife had her own Tier1. She got her ILR the day after me in Liverpool. The Liverpool operation is a lot slicker than the Sheffield one, as they do biometrics in parallel with the CW looking at your application. In Sheffield the CW won't look at your application until the biometrics have been processed. My wife had a 10:00am appointment, but showed up at 9:00am, and had the ILR approved by 10:05.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:34 pm

oakleigh841 wrote: ... The only thing I didn't supply a copy of was the application form itself.
IMHO it would be wise to keep of copy of your final submit form. Just in case.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.