ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention Of Rights application and Work Permission

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maani.says
Newly Registered

Retention Of Rights application and Work Permission

Post by maani.says » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 am

Hello members,
I just joined this forum to get some help about my situation.
I just applied for Retention of Right after divorce with EEA national, as I had been married with EEA national for over 3 years and we had been living in UK for more than about 1.5 year and we both are working on permanent contracts. I have read many pages about “Retention of Right after divorce” on this forum, and according to those pages, I sent all related documents to Home-Office for RoR. That cohabitation proofs for 1.5 year in UK, decree nisi, decree absolute, employments letters, salary slips, bill, bank statements of both of us, proof of EEA nationals exercise of her treaty right during the whole period of divorce proceeding and some other letter with same address, photos and passport.

Just after 1 week I have gotten the “Certificate Of Application”
with my name

BUT

This letter has made me confuse about few things, before writing my questions/confusions , I write the wording of letter

“ Page 1

Dear - - - - - ,

Re: my name , country, my date of birth,

CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION

Thank you for your application for Residence Card.

We will make a decision on the application as soon as possible, within the next 6 months.

Please don’t telephone or make enquiries about the progress of the application before bla bla bla bla.

At this stage we are unable to confirm your right to work in united kingdom. This will depend on the decision of the application. The enclosed Questions and Answers sheet provides more information about employment rights.

Your Sincerely,

Liverpool.

QUESTIONS ANS ANSWERS
Why are you unable to confirm my right to work in the United Kingdom whilst my application is being considered?
We are unable to confirm eligibility to take or continue employment in the United Kingdom where-

- The applicant is seeking to remain in order to provide day-to-day care for an EU citizen child who is exercising European free movement rights in United Kingdom as a self-sufficient person.
In these circumstances any right to work will depend on your having some alternative basis of stay in the United Kingdom which does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment. Permission to remain may be given on the basis of your caring responsibilities but will not include any entitlement to work or to access public funds.

- The application is the unmarried partner or an extended family member (for example, the brother or sister) of an EU citizen who is exercising European free movement rights in the United Kingdom.

In these circumstances there is no automatic right or entitlement to live in the United Kingdom with the EU citizen sponsor. The Home Secretary must consider whether, in all the circumstances of the case, it would be right to issue a Residence Card on this basis. This means that until we have determined that you qualify as an unmarried partner or as an extended family member by issuing a Residence Document, you are not able to work on the basis of your relationship to your EU citizen sponsor. Any right to work in the meanwhile will depend on your having some alternative basis of stay in the United Kingdom which does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment.

- The application has not provided satisfactory evidence of his or her identity or of his or her relationship to an EU citizen.

We will consider your application but we may need to contact you for some additional or alternative evidence. Until work on your application has been completed we will not able to provide confirmation of your current status. Any right to work in the meanwhile will depend on your having some alternative basis of stay in the United Kingdom which does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment.”

Can some members tell me that what is this exactly? And we did not have any child.

As far as I know that I have already gotten Residence Card with the right of work. Just applied for RoR. And again, as far as I know, that it is necessary for me to keep my job On to show what I can survive independently, and have to have the exercise of treaty rights after divorce till Permanent Residency. THEN, what is this letter? Can somebody guide me and help me out?

And got this letter just after one week. And It is dated with just after two day of receiving my documents.

confused, confused, confused

if somebody can try to help me out. I don’t want stop working.

looking forward for answers.

Please

bobobo

Re: Retention Of Rights application and Work Permission

Post by bobobo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:12 am

ignore the letter, its a standard template. You can continue doing what you do. Unless HO reject your claims and revoke your RC (which I am not sure they will do if everything is in order) you should be good to continue like you do now.

P.S if you already have an RC it makes life easier, if not then you might need to provide EEA nationals passport and other supporting docs.
maani.says wrote:Hello members,
I just applied for Retention of Right after divorce with EEA national, as I had been married with EEA national for over 3 years and we had been living in UK for more than about 1.5 year and we both are working on permanent contracts. I have read many pages about “Retention of Right after divorce” on this forum, and according to those pages, I sent all related documents to Home-Office for RoR. That cohabitation proofs for 1.5 year in UK, decree nisi, decree absolute, employments letters, salary slips, bill, bank statements of both of us, proof of EEA nationals exercise of her treaty right during the whole period of divorce proceeding and some other letter with same address, photos and passport.

with my name

BUT

This letter has made me confuse about few things, before writing my questions/confusions , I write the wording of letter

“ Page 1

Dear - - - - - ,

We will make a decision on the application as soon as possible, within the next 6 months.

Please don’t telephone or make enquiries about the progress of the application before bla bla bla bla.

At this stage we are unable to confirm your right to work in united kingdom. This will depend on the decision of the application. The enclosed Questions and Answers sheet provides more information about employment rights.

Your Sincerely,

Liverpool.

QUESTIONS ANS ANSWERS
Why are you unable to confirm my right to work in the United Kingdom whilst my application is being considered?
We are unable to confirm eligibility to take or continue employment in the United Kingdom where-

- The applicant is seeking to remain in order to provide day-to-day care for an EU citizen child who is exercising European free movement rights in United Kingdom as a self-sufficient person.
In these circumstances any right to work will depend on your having some alternative basis of stay in the United Kingdom which does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment. Permission to remain may be given on the basis of your caring responsibilities but will not include any entitlement to work or to access public funds.

- The application is the unmarried partner or an extended family member (for example, the brother or sister) of an EU citizen who is exercising European free movement rights in the United Kingdom.

In these circumstances there is no automatic right or entitlement to live in the United Kingdom with the EU citizen sponsor. The Home Secretary must consider whether, in all the circumstances of the case, it would be right to issue a Residence Card on this basis. This means that until we have determined that you qualify as an unmarried partner or as an extended family member by issuing a Residence Document, you are not able to work on the basis of your relationship to your EU citizen sponsor. Any right to work in the meanwhile will depend on your having some alternative basis of stay in the United Kingdom which does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment.

- The application has not provided satisfactory evidence of his or her identity or of his or her relationship to an EU citizen.

We will consider your application but we may need to contact you for some additional or alternative evidence. Until work on your application has been completed we will not able to provide confirmation of your current status. Any right to work in the meanwhile will depend on your having some alternative basis of stay in the United Kingdom which does not prohibit access to employment or self-employment.”

Can some members tell me that what is this exactly? And we did not have any child.

As far as I know that I have already gotten Residence Card with the right of work. Just applied for RoR. And again, as far as I know, that it is necessary for me to keep my job On to show what I can survive independently, and have to have the exercise of treaty rights after divorce till Permanent Residency. THEN, what is this letter? Can somebody guide me and help me out?

And got this letter just after one week. And It is dated with just after two day of receiving my documents.

Please

maani.says
Newly Registered

Post by maani.says » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:01 pm

thanks bobobo for your words, but did you get the same kind of letter? or is it only for me?

maani.says
Newly Registered

Post by maani.says » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:51 pm

i'm looking for more answers, if somebody has got the same kind of letter as i have got. Also requesting to more members to have a look on my questions. because i'm really confused about my situation, i have not heard about this sort of situation is this forum before.

please

ravii

Post by ravii » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Yes I am also waiting for my ROR and received same letter which you got with same wordings.
Best regards

maani.says
Newly Registered

Post by maani.says » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi Ravii

when did you get this letter after sending your documents to Home Office? I mean after how many days? AND what do you think about this letter? did you ask somebody/Home Office about this letter and your work permission?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Read the Letter CAREFULLY!!!!
do any of these scenarios apply to you:
1. Are you taking care of an EEA National who cant look after him/herself
2. Are you an Unmarried partner of an EEA National?
3. Have you not provided sufficient proof of indentity?
remember common sense prevails always, apply yourself and dont just panic unless you have something to hide or worry about
maani.says wrote:Hi Ravii

when did you get this letter after sending your documents to Home Office? I mean after how many days? AND what do you think about this letter? did you ask somebody/Home Office about this letter and your work permission?

ravii

Post by ravii » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Bobobo is right so don't worry.we are fine.keep care on your work.
Best regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Do you hold a valid RC?

The HO didn't write to you that they are cancelling your RC. They only said they can't confirm if you are allowed to work which you don't care about as you got a RC.

maani.says
Newly Registered

Post by maani.says » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 pm

thanks for your help guys, bobobo, ravi and Jambo.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 pm

I applied for ROR a month ago and got the COA last week, it states I can work. However, my ex is not as generous as yours :D she is giving me tough time and headache :cry:

maani.says
Newly Registered

Post by maani.says » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:35 am

hi Guerro,

what do you mean by that your wife is giving me tough time and headache?

strange thing, that your COA is different than mine and ravii's COA. is it not confusing? what reason could be?

is something mentioned on your COA about RoR? Did you use the same form EEA2? sorry that i'm asking lot of questions. but its coming in my brain. if you can give the answers.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Ex is headache because there are lots of problems with her and she is not helping me at all, she is trying to make life harder for me.
The reason for different COAs is incompetent UKBA staff.
Nothing is mentioned in the COA abour ROR, it was the same EEA2

maani.says
Newly Registered

Post by maani.says » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:53 pm

thanks Guerro

mezoued
Newly Registered

Re: Retention Of Rights application and Work Permission

Post by mezoued » Wed May 22, 2013 8:57 pm

maani.says wrote:Hello members,

with my name

BUT

“ Page 1

Dear - - - - - ,

Your Sincerely,

Liverpool.

QUESTIONS ANS ANSWERS

Please
I had the same letter as yours.would you mind if i ask you whats the outcome of your application please? can employers still accept this COA?still confused update please thanks