ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application checklist - Have I missed anything???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imranh

ILR application checklist - Have I missed anything???

Post by imranh » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to get some advice on whether I was missing anything for my wife’s ILR application as the time to apply is getting closer. Below is our background info;

My wife is Pakistani and is here on a settlement visa. She is not working i.e. is a housewife and I am permanently employed earning about £28k salary. My wife arrived in the UK in December 2010 and her visa expiry as appears on the passport is February 2013. She was assessed at pre entry level and thus she attended and completed the ESOL level 1 course, passed the speaking and listening exam aswell as the reading and writing exam and got her certificates. She is currently on ESOL level 2 course. I am British and we live at home with my parents rent free, and the home is in my father's name

At the moment I have the following documents for the ILR application;

2 banks statements with me and my wife’s full names

2 water bill statements with me and my wife’s full names

2 landline phone bills with my first initial and surname and my wife’s full name.

(I have other bills addressed to both of us such as gas and electric and I also have other bills addressed to us separately such as hospital letters, mobile phone bills, other bank letters, national insurance letters)

My wife’s ESOL Speaking and Listening certificate and also course attendance certificate

Template letter (based on the Home Office version) from the institution providing the course details and that it meets the Home Office requirements

Stamped marriage certificate in Urdu with an English translation (created in Pakistan and used for the settlement visa application)

My Current Account bank statements over the 2 year showing my balance which is currently about 10k – to show that I am financially doing fine.

My wage slips over the 2 year period as proof of my employment

My P60 for 2011 and 2012

My P45 from previous employer (which I left in September 2011)

2 passport sized photos of my wife with her full name on the back

1 passport sized photo of me with my full name on the back

Our recently born child’s birth certificate (child was born in the UK)

SET(M) Form to complete

Here are the questions that I have

1) Are there any documents/things that I need for the application that is not present in the list above?

2) Is it recommended to provide more than 6 letters to strengthen my wife’s ILR application?

3) My wife’s VISA was valid from November 2010 and expires in February 2012. When can I apply and when should I apply?

4) We had a child recently – does my child need to apply for ILR as well or will he be considered British automatically as I am British?

5) Am I ok to claim for child benefit if I am entitled to receive it? Could this adversely impact my wife’s application?

6) What is a Biometric Residence Permit? I have looked on the Home Office website and on the guidance notes and I am slightly confused about this. Does my wife need to include this in the application?

7) does an accomodation letter needs to be provided aswell? I live at home with my parents rent free and the home is in my father's name

I appreciate there are a lot of questions I have posed but I would be really grateful if I can get some answers and advice from the more senior/experienced members. As always thanks in advance for you help and time.

Many Thanks
Kind Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!