ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landing Card personal story

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ikonkar
India

Landing Card personal story

Post by Ikonkar » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:42 pm

After reading this, thought I should also share my experience with UKBA.

I hold a UK residense card by being married to an eu national, my family (all non EU - Indians/Canadian) accompnied by my EU wife and son were travelleing back from France via Calais. I was driving and handed over 2 eu passports and rest all non eu passports to the immigration officer. To my surprise and fair play to the immigration officer he handed us the landing forms for all the non - eu passport holders. My family who were from India & Canada filled in the landing card but I was adamant that I do not need one. As the traffic was building behind us and neither of us ( me and IO) would back down, he pointed us to the parking bay to park the car and go through the immigration clearance buidling, so we all decided to go through the immigration checks inside the building. And once we were there I believe the IO officer at first check point radio'd the officer sitting inside regarding this issue, in the meantime I opened up the link from UKBA website re landing cards etc, and was fully confident to answer any questions to the IO. But as soon as we went to the IO, he didn't asked us a single question, no stamp or landing card and let us through.

I was very annoyed with IO at the first checkpoint. But then again the IO sitting inside knew what he was doing.

I guess they are now aware that people are not stupid anymore... :)

Thanks for listening, happy travelling all ;)
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar