ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employer (Tier PSW to Tier 2)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jodil
Newly Registered

Change of Employer (Tier PSW to Tier 2)

Post by jodil » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi All,

I'm in the process of making an application for Tier 2. I've changed my job in May 2012 and it's almost 5 months now. My new employer has already issued me the CoS and today I was filling the online application form and found that I need to complete 6 months under my new employer. I'm pasting the information which I found in the application form below and I'm confused now.

The Post study work provisions mean that if you are applying for Tier 2 from within the UK and you meet the requirements set out below, your sponsor will not have to show that it has done a resident labour market test in order for them to employ you in your prospective job.

You qualify for the Post Study Work provisions if you are applying for Tier 2 (General) from within the UK and are switching from:

▪ Tier 1 (Post Study Work)

▪ Fresh Talent Working in Scotland

▪ International Graduates Scheme (or its predecessor, the Science and Engineering Graduate Scheme).

The job that you are doing must be the same job that you are being sponsored to do at the time you make this application. You must also have been working for your sponsor for a continuous period of 6 months, immediately preceding the date you submit this application.

Do you think I need to complete 6 months under my new employer or can I apply straight way? I thought that since I'm in PSW I can make an application but may be I'm wrong. Please could someone answer this question? I appreciate your time on my behalf.

Regards,
Jodil

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 pm

You don't need to be working for your sponsor so the need to have been working for six months is not relevant.

jodil
Newly Registered

Evidence on Tier 2 Policy Guidance

Post by jodil » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Dear Lucapooka,

Thanks for your reply. But I couldn't find any reference for this on Tier 2 Policy Guidance, May be I'm wrong I've just skimmed the Policy Guidance. Could you please provide me any relevant page numbers on the Policy Guidance? I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Jodil

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:57 pm

The guidance mentions what is necessary rather than listing things that are not necessary. Were it otherwise, a list of everything that was not necessary for a Tier 2 application would, perhaps, be the largest document in the world!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Change of Employer (Tier PSW to Tier 2)

Post by manci » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am

jodil wrote: I was filling the online application form and found that I need to complete 6 months under my new employer.

Do you think I need to complete 6 months under my new employer Jodil
The rules changed in April 2012 and the 6 month requirement has been removed then.

If the online application form still quotes this requirement it is wrong. The current (October 2012) paper application form is here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nform1.pdf

See also the T2 policy guidance, para 86:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

jodil
Newly Registered

Evidents required for Sponsorship & Maintenance(PSW-Tier

Post by jodil » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:36 am

Dear All,

I'm currently in the process of applying for Tier 2 General, switching from Tier 1 PSW. What all documents I need to attach as an evidence of sponsorship and maintenance certified by Sponsor?

In Tier 2 ICT section of Policy Guidance it says

Documents we require as evidence of sponsorship

50. Your Certificate of Sponsorship reference number is used when we award points. If you
are awarded points in either the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer): Short Term Staff or Long
Term Staff or Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer): Graduate Trainee sub categories, you must
provide additional evidence that you have worked for your sponsor for the specified period
(12 months for Short Term Staff or Long Term Staff or 3 months for Graduate Trainees).
You do not have to be in the same job for the specified period.
You do not need to provide this evidence if you are making an extension or change of
employment application to do the same or different job for the same sponsor.
You must provide one of the following types of required documents
i) Payslips covering the full specified consecutive months
• The most recent payslip must be dated no earlier than 31 days before the date of the
application.
• These should be either original payslips or on company-headed paper. If your
payslips are not on headed paper or are printouts of online payslips, you must provide
a letter from your sponsor, confirming the authenticity of the payslips. This letter can
be posted, faxed or scanned and emailed to you. The letter must be on company
headed paper, and must be signed by a senior official.

1. Is the same application for PSW->Tier 2 General switching?

Also the maintenance for me is certified by my sponsor, they have already specified that while generating the CoS for me, In the policy guidance it says

Documents we require as evidence of your sponsor certifying your maintenance
151. If your sponsor certifies maintenance, this must be confirmed on your Certificate of
Sponsorship.

They have already checked the tick box while generating the CoS ref.no online,
2. Do I need any more documents to be attached with my application?

Could someone answer my questions please, I appreciate your time on my behalf.

Regards,
Jodil

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Evidents required for Sponsorship & Maintenance(PSW-

Post by manci » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:22 pm

jodil wrote:Dear All,

I'm currently in the process of applying for Tier 2 General, switching from Tier 1 PSW. What all documents I need to attach as an evidence of sponsorship and maintenance certified by Sponsor?

In Tier 2 ICT section of Policy Guidance it says you are looking at the wrong section (ICT) of the policy guidance,
Documents we require as evidence of sponsorship

50. Your Certificate of Sponsorship reference number is used when we award points. If you
are awarded points in either the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer): Short Term Staff or Long
Term Staff or Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer): Graduate Trainee sub categories, you must
provide additional evidence that you have worked for your sponsor for the specified period
(12 months for Short Term Staff or Long Term Staff or 3 months for Graduate Trainees).
You do not have to be in the same job for the specified period.
You do not need to provide this evidence if you are making an extension or change of
employment application to do the same or different job for the same sponsor.
You must provide one of the following types of required documents
i) Payslips covering the full specified consecutive months
• The most recent payslip must be dated no earlier than 31 days before the date of the
application.
• These should be either original payslips or on company-headed paper. If your
payslips are not on headed paper or are printouts of online payslips, you must provide
a letter from your sponsor, confirming the authenticity of the payslips. This letter can
be posted, faxed or scanned and emailed to you. The letter must be on company
headed paper, and must be signed by a senior official.

1. Is the same application for PSW->Tier 2 General switching? the link to the application form was given in the preceding post

Also the maintenance for me is certified by my sponsor, they have already specified that while generating the CoS for me, In the policy guidance it says

Documents we require as evidence of your sponsor certifying your maintenance
151. If your sponsor certifies maintenance, this must be confirmed on your Certificate of
Sponsorship.

They have already checked the tick box while generating the CoS ref.no online,
2. Do I need any more documents to be attached with my application? nothing needed for maintenance
Could someone answer my questions please, I appreciate your time on my behalf.

Regards,
Jodil

jodil
Newly Registered

Post by jodil » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:02 pm

1. Is the same application for PSW->Tier 2 General switching?, Sorry for the typo, what I really meant is Is the same applicable for PSW to Tier 2 General? Do I need to submit PaySlips as an evidence for Sponsorship?[/u]

jodil
Newly Registered

Post by jodil » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:46 am

Dear manci,

Could you please answer this question? I'm waiting for your reply regarding the payslips. I know my questions may be nonsense to you guys, but please answer for peace of mind. Once again I appreciate your time and many thanks for your previous replies.

Regards,
Jodil

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 am

Evidence of sponsorship is the CoS, not payslips.

At present you are in Tier 1 PSW and your present salary is not relevant to your T2G application. Your salary in Tier 2 will be as stated in the CoS and you should enter the same amounts under M11/M12 in the application form. Read also the corresponding notes in the help text at the end of the application form.

mishtiaq
Newly Registered

Post by mishtiaq » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:04 am

Dear Manci,

I am also in the same queue applying from PSW to Tier 2 general.

I have read whole discussion which is really helpful, and have few questions, would appreciate your answer on them

As you mentioned paper form for Tier 2 has been updated since october and it doesn't show this question 'Are you applying under the Post Study Work provisions within Tier 2? * which is absolutely correct

I am applying online and in online application this question still exists? what do you suggest should i select yes, if i select yes then it ask for payslips evidence for 6 months? if i say no then they will consider it it's not applying under post study work provision, so a bit confused. Please suggest

Secondly, a/c to your last comment on Jodil's question since we are currently on PSW so we don't need to show payslip for last six months?
they will consider what sponsor are currently offer to us and it should be same as mentioned on COS right?

These are really important questions and a bit confusing and sorry for asking the similar question again and again but your further clarification would help me and others

thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,
Sohaib

manci wrote:
jodil wrote: I was filling the online application for and found that I need to complete 6 months under my new employer.

Do you think I need to complete 6 months under my new employer Jodil
The rules changed in April 2012 and the 6 month requirement has been removed then.

If the online application form still quotes this requirement it is wrong. The current (October 2012) paper application form is here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nform1.pdf

See also the T2 policy guidance, para 86:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:46 am

mishtiaq wrote:As you mentioned paper form for Tier 2 has been updated since october and it doesn't show this question 'Are you applying under the Post Study Work provisions within Tier 2? * which is absolutely correct

I am applying online and in online application this question still exists? what do you suggest should i select yes, if i select yes then it ask for payslips evidence for 6 months? if i say no then they will consider it it's not applying under post study work provision, so a bit confused. Please suggest
The question and tickbox on the paper form are quite clear:
L5. What is your current or last grant of leave?
Tick what category your current or last grant of leave is in:
Tier 1 (Post study Work) migrant Go to Section M

As regards the online application your question has already been answered, refer to the 15 November @ 5.16 pm post in this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=online

Secondly, a/c to your last comment on Jodil's question since we are currently on PSW so we don't need to show payslip for last six months? correct they will consider what sponsor are currently offer to us and it should be same as mentioned on COS right? the salary stated in the CoS and what you put in the application must be the same figure]

jodil
Newly Registered

Post by jodil » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:11 pm

It gives me immense pleasure to inform you all that I've received my Tier 2 General Visa today. Once again million thanks to Almighty God, Lucapooka, manci and to everyone who responded to my questions.