ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

they rejected me.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oneheart
Newly Registered

they rejected me.....

Post by oneheart » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:46 am

i applied for a settlement visa and got rejected over the fact that they said that our marriage was invlaid. they also said my wifes was pakistani when she is british(hence my settlement application). they also stated that we never met even though i provided photos of us together prior to our wedding and provided wedding photos and they said that it was staged. They blatantly denied everything that i said in the interview and implicated that i was a liar. i provided all evidence of a marriage certificates(nikah nama), wedding photos, and wifes photocopy of british passport. and all other relevant documentation which is genuine. even then they refused to accept these documents saying they where made up. all the documetns are offical and stamped. they also made a pointof the fact that i had a previous passport lost hence a reason for refusal which is irrelvant to the case. they went so far as to say that my wife was not even present in pakistan for any marriage and that we had never met in the uk( which is where we initally met). even though this is nto a requirement for an arranged marriage.

now i have to go through an appeal process but that takes 6-12 months long. i have decided to submit my application again instead with even more evidence than before. that will still take 12 weeks and i dont know if i will be granted the visa. can anybody advise if there is any way to submit a reapplication that will take quicker than 12 months. i heard that you can be given 28 days to provide more evidence to get the decision overturned. but i am not sure of this. andhow to go about it. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you

one heart thats torn in two
Last edited by oneheart on Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:27 am

Why not do both......submit the appeal for now and then in due course when you have all the extra evidence together file a fresh application.

My husband and I filed a fresh application in Islamabad with an appeal pending and the fresh application 'only' took just under 9 weeks to be processed.

oneheart
Newly Registered

Post by oneheart » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:28 pm

hey brit chick Thank you for your response
is there any chance of resubmiting the same application with the new evidence i hear that takes 28 days but im not sure. have you heard of this before. and if so do you know the procedure. thanks

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:54 pm

Well if you are submitting the appeal then you only need to submit the extra documents that relate to the points in the refusal. You needn't submit the whole application again, although it won't do any harm if you do....it just means extra photocopying for the AIT/BHC.

I think the 28 days actually refers to the deadline given to you from the BHC by which you have to file the appeal should you chose to do so.....and thats 28 days from the date in the notice of refusal - not when fed ex finally got round to returning your passport.

The decision can be changed at any stage of the appeal process as far as I know.....I know someone who's refusal was changed within weeks of filing their appeal whereas I know someone whos refusal was changed just before the hearing date.