ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous residence Assessment for dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravib1729
Newly Registered

Continuous residence Assessment for dependant

Post by ravib1729 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi,

Me and my partner are on Tier1 general visa. We are eligible for ILR in the month of May 2013. My wife is living in the UK for more than 2 years now.

If my wife wants to go to India for delivery for more than 6 months. That is she will leave UK in the month of Nov 2012 and will be back in UK July 2013.(almost 8 months)

Once she is back I want to go for ILR immediately (say in Aug 2013).

Will she able to get a PR after 8 months off in UK.
What is the Continuous residence Assessment for dependant?

I have gone through UKBA site and SET(O) form, nothing has been mentioned with respect to dependant regarding this.

Pasted from UKBA

Your partner can apply for settlement at the same time as you apply for settlement, if:

you and they have been living together in the UK for at least 2 years in a marriage or civil partnership, or in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, and that relationship is still genuine (not a 'marriage of convenience', for example);

they have previously been given permission to enter or stay in the UK as your husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner or same-sex partner;
you and they intend to live permanently with the other as husband and wife, civil partners, unmarried partners or same-sex partners;

they do not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and are not an illegal entrant;

they do not have any unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; and

they have sufficient knowledge of the English language and life in the UK, unless they are aged 65 or over when they apply. For more information, see the Knowledge of language and life in the UK section.

These requirements are set out in paragraph 319E of the Immigration Rules.

Please advice me on this.

Regards
Ravi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!