ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UPDATE SOLVIT RESPONSE EU NATIONAL AND NON EEA SPOUSE

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

debion
Newly Registered

Post by debion » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi all,
I was hoping for some advise. I am writing on behalf of my sister in law who is Lituanian, resident in Ireland just recently and recently employed. She is married to my brother in law who is Tunisian non-eu. We were hoping for some advice on the procedure for requesting him to join her. He has never lived with her in another EU state although she has lived with him in Tunisia but could find no work so came here. I know that we will need to fill an EUFAM1 application but was wondering if there was any procedure for him to join her while awaiting the outcome as she is really missing him. He is a visa controlled national so as far as I am aware he cannot land here without a visa and we have no idea for which we should apply. Thanks in advance for your help
Last edited by debion on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi, where is ur brother in law now ? in Lithuania or in Tunisia ?

debion
Newly Registered

Post by debion » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:22 pm

He is in Tunisia, my sister in law is here with us and she has gotten a job but not started it yet- they wanted to come here because she could find no work there and they both speak English thanks so much

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:44 am

How long are they married ? Did your bro in law ever visited ur sis in law in Lithuania ? What was the nature of relationship in terms of meeting each other, were they living together at any stage together and where ? or it was a short term relationship togther. all these things to prove is very important to get a visa.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:13 pm

zafarzafar80 wrote:How long are they married ? Did your bro in law ever visited ur sis in law in Lithuania ? What was the nature of relationship in terms of meeting each other, were they living together at any stage together and where ? or it was a short term relationship togther. all these things to prove is very important to get a visa.
Total tripe.

The applicant is the spouse of an EU national who is exercising EU treaty rights in Ireland. He has an entitlement to join his wife. An EUTR visa should be applied for and it must be issued on the basis of an accelerated procedure, free of charge. It can only be refused in very specific and unusual circumstances.

The only documents required for the application for the EUTR visa are the passport of the applicant and of the EU spouse (or National ID card in the case of the latter), and their marriage certificate. That is all.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

sierra
- thin ice -

Post by sierra » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:51 pm

i agree with ben . as far as embassy dont suspect its marriage of convenience these things are not considered.

debion
Newly Registered

Post by debion » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:15 pm

What is an EUTR visa? Have checked on INIS and the only one I can see is long say D visa join spouse is that the one? Or do we apply for short stay c visitor visa, am literally stuck because i cant find the form

debion
Newly Registered

refused to accept papers in Tunis

Post by debion » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi all,
we applied for our non eea national to join his EU wife in Ireland we submitted the following documentation as per the INIS website

Spouse/Child - Qualifying Family Members who wish to JOIN EU Citizen in Ireland

If you are the non EEA spouse or the child (under 21 years) of an EU Citizen or the child of the non EEA spouse and wish to JOIN the EU Citizen who is already in Ireland you should fully complete the online application form, and submit your signed summary application form, and photographs
In addition the following documents are required:
Your passport
cCopy of the bio page of your spouse’s passport
Marriage Certificate – evidence (apostilled document) that marriage has been registered in applicant’s country of origin/residence
Birth Certificate (long form) for children under 21 years, parental consent where appropriate, national Identity card (signed if required)
Evidence that the EU Citizen spouse is lawfully in Ireland

The embassy refused to accept the application stating that we required an extensive list of paperwork proving the marraige is viable etc, please can someone advise us- as far as I am aware the above mentioned documentation is all that is required- they are asking for p60 payslips etc yet an EU national is entitled to be in Ireland for three months right with no conditions. She is working but it will take time to collect paperwork,

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:03 pm

That's illegal. Contact Solvit.

debion
Newly Registered

Post by debion » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Hiya, contacted Solvit- thanks for the advice

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Did they sort it for you?

debion
Newly Registered

Post by debion » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Well guys after much stress we found our response-thanks for all the help- Solvit are great- embassy will have to take the paperwork- they did a complete u turn- hopefully he will be granted entry- below ive pasted response from Solvit it may help others- please feel free to share

Thank you for our enquiry.

I have read the details of your enquiry.

I wish to refer you to EU Directive 2004/38/EC on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the EU Member States.

The personal scope of the Directive is quite wide and covers not only Union citizens but also their family members. Your family members (including your spouse), irrespective of their nationality, have the right to accompany or join you in a Member State other than that of your nationality. This right applies irrespective whether they have previously been residing in another Member State.

Article 5(2) of the Directive provides that Member States may require third country family members moving with or joining an EU citizen to whom the Directive applies to have an entry visa. Such family members have not only the right to enter the territory of the Member State, but also the right to obtain an entry visa. This distinguishes them from other third country nationals, who are not married to EU nationals and thus have no such right.

Third country family members should be issued as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure with a free of charge short-term entry visa. By analogy with Article 23 of the Visa Code the Commission considers that delays of more than four weeks are not reasonable. The authorities of the Member States should guide the family members as to the type of visa they should apply for, and they cannot require them to apply for long-term, residence or family reunification visas.

As the right to be issued with an entry visa is derived from the family link with the EU citizen, Member States may require only the presentation of a valid passport and evidence of the family link. Please note that no additional documents, such as a proof of accommodation, sufficient resources, an invitation letter or return ticket, can be required.

I should add that every Union citizen has the right to reside on the territory of the host Member State for a period of up to three months without any conditions or formalities other than the requirement to hold a valid identity card or passport. It does not matter whether you came to work or study there or just to visit as a tourist. A valid identity card or passport is all you need! Third country family members who accompany or join you can reside with you for up to three months just with their passport. The Directive provides that EU workers and self-employed persons have the right to reside for longer than 3 months without any conditions other than being a worker or self-employed person. Your family members, irrespective of their nationality, also have the right to reside with you provided that you are working or self-employed.

Based on the information that you have provided your husband should have received a visa to enter Ireland as the spouse of an EU national who is exercising EU Treaty Rights.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Bingo. Good work. Has the embassy issued the visa already?

debion
Newly Registered

Post by debion » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Embassy in UAE refused his visa stating insufficient evidence of relationship in existence prior to marriage!! We are now lodging administrative complaint with Solvit and have contacted EU Treaty rights section in INIS via email every hour until someone replies. Their own website gives the list of documents required and none of what embassy asks for is on it- they are trying to force application of long stay visa which they are not permitted to do- am so sick of this!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Amazing news, especially considering they've already had their knuckles wrapped by Solvit once.

Relay everything to Solvit and have them intervene.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:29 am

debion wrote:Embassy in UAE refused his visa stating insufficient evidence of relationship in existence prior to marriage!! We are now lodging administrative complaint with Solvit and have contacted EU Treaty rights section in INIS via email every hour until someone replies. Their own website gives the list of documents required and none of what embassy asks for is on it- they are trying to force application of long stay visa which they are not permitted to do- am so sick of this!
Some of the legal details are outlined http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2012/11 ... residence/

Please keep us updated!

Sauvan
Newly Registered

Post by Sauvan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi I'm in same situation right now
My wife is Moroccan I deal with the same embassy
I was surprised too by list off documents they required in Moroccan consulate list on INIS site where completely different. So I was demand explanations
So I write first to consulate where some "all knowing lady" told me that her list is updated and actual and if I want answers I should contact embassy UAE in Abu Dhabi. That was completely waste of time cos they did not answer at all:)
I try Visa mail but it take mi about 2 months to get strait answer from them cos every time your letter is reading by someone else so if you replay another person will read and probably not even bother to read all just you last replay.
In mean time I also write to Ministry of Justice and Department of Foreign Affairs. Finally I get answer from Miss Helen Fitzgerald from DFA that I'm right and that she will Write to Abu Dhabi about this.
Later I received letter from her and DFA office that it was mistake of lady in consulate and she required more papers "in good faith"
Finally I apply (my wife apply) today and we see what will happen

debion
Newly Registered

update

Post by debion » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi guys,
just an update- the visa was refused in the space of a week- I drafted a strongly worded letter including Solvit response and visa was granted within four days IMO they don't even look in UAE the visa was refused on the same day it was received. Do not be swayed by their responses their paperwork requirements are minimal- I have saved all of my correspondence and am happy to forward to anyone who pm's me their email

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Did you say that you got the visa in the end?

debion
Newly Registered

Post by debion » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:30 pm

We did get it and it is all thanks to Ben- thank you so much had never heard of Solvit- got all the info from them sent it to UAE registered and all of a sudden we didnt need the paperwork they were saying we did and visa was issued !

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Thanks for clarifying that. Great stuff.