ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approved - now what?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bangbang
Newly Registered

Approved - now what?

Post by Bangbang » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:46 am

Dear all,

I was looking through the forum but I cannot find this anywhere.

My wifes visa has been approved, it was collected yesterday, now what?

What does she have to do now.

Her TB test expires on the 8th of December so obviously she has to fly before then but what is the next step? she is in Pakistan by the way.

and once she is in UK how long before she can go back to pakistan for holiday or anywhere actually, is she free to travel in Europe with me now?

Thanks

Regards

Hassan Khan

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:10 am

Travel to Pakistan - She is free to travel to Paokistan whenever she likes.

Travel to Europe - She will need to apply for a Schengen VISA and travel on that, its pretty easy to get with just a small amount of proof.

You need to make sure that the travels out of UK i.e. to Pakistan are not too excessive in order for her ILR to be granted when the time comes. I think in the previous rules 90 days out of the two year were considered fine to be out of UK (to the home country). I would say 3 months per year should be considered okay as well.

Try to check UKBA if they have any specific requirements on this, I have not come across one yet.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:37 am

Yes she will!
My sis in law who got her UK visa last year was able to get another visa and travel to a European country with my brother just recently.
Sis-in-law..
2 May 2012 : English test Results
4 July 2012 @ Mirpur : Submitted Spouse Visa
17 July 2012 : Under process at BHC
20 November 2012 : Received RFC
21 November 2012 : Visa approved
Dec 2012 : Arrived in England

Bangbang
Newly Registered

Post by Bangbang » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Dear All,

Great!

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to ask, do we have to do anything now? I mean before I book the ticket for her to UK do we have to go anywhere or any follow ups?

Thanks

Regards