ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navodwickra

Spouse visa

Post by navodwickra » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi All,

I recently got my ILR approved and I asked my wife(Not in UK) to apply for spouse VISA. The only problem I have is that we didn't have a wedding at all. Which means no pictures no invitations. But we do have pictures together, emails, cards & receipts of gifts which I sent her.

So the absences of wedding photos will cause any problems ?

Thanks
Navod

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 pm

No. A marriage cert. us proof of valid marriage so photos are less relevant (perhaps irrelevant as they mean nothing in lieu of the certificate). Photos of your relationship before the marriage would help to show a genuine aspect to the interpersonal relationship, but sometimes this is not possible when the union is an arrangement.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:35 pm

When you say no wedding, I think you mean no religious wedding.

You would need to provide all the legal documentations that show you both are married in that country i.e. marriage certificate together with the Foreign Ministry stamp on it (Apostille Stamp).

I would suggest you use anything you have from the court marriage as an evidence i.e. pictures, cards, bill receipts etc

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:41 pm

harv wrote:When you say no wedding, I think you mean no religious wedding.

You would need to provide all the legal documentations that show you both are married in that country i.e. marriage certificate together with the Foreign Ministry stamp on it (Apostille Stamp).

I would suggest you use anything you have from the court marriage as an evidence i.e. pictures, cards, bill receipts etc

Hope this helps.
Yes sir no religious ceremony :) but I do have the translated marriage certificate with the foreign ministry stamp on it.

I am not sure what's a court marriage is. What happened was we didn't have enough money to do a ceremony so we just got married in the registrar office.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Lucapooka wrote:No. A marriage cert. us proof of valid marriage so photos are less relevant (perhaps irrelevant as they mean nothing in lieu of the certificate). Photos of your relationship before the marriage would help to show a genuine aspect to the interpersonal relationship, but sometimes this is not possible when the union is an arrangement.
Thanks Lucapooka. Yes we do have photos before we got married and also after in fact I went to see my wife twice after we got married :), I did mention that on my ILR application (in the absences section) as well.