ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Show My Incoming Contracting Money as 50K used in UK?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vc555

Can I Show My Incoming Contracting Money as 50K used in UK?

Post by vc555 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi All, i am New to this forum, i found many useful answers (Thank you).

I have some couple of question please help me with those.

1) I am on PSW visa and my wife is dependent, visa expire on OCT 2013
2) Currently i am working in a company (Permanent role) IT.
3) I would like to go Entrepreneur 50k£ route.

Main thing is how to maintain this visa ?

Here are some queries. I will show 50K to get Entrepreneur visa, after that,

1) I am registered as a director for a company 4 months back (just registered that's it didn't use it for any business)

can i use my existing company for applying visa?

2) After getting visa, i have to do only contract jobs under my company is that true?

3) So this means, i can do contracting it jobs with different roles (Designations) ?

3) I will show 50K for getting visa, do i need to really spend those 50K in uk ? or after visa, can i show my contracting income(turnover) as 50k for 3 year extension ?

4) create 2 jobs ! can some one explain what to do exactly with this creation? is it only before the extension of Entrepreneur visa ?

5) what to maintain after getting Entrepreneur visa ?

please help me out !!! thank you
Last edited by vc555 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Can I Show My Incoming Contracting Money as 50K used in

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:00 pm

1) No, it's more than 3 months old

2) Yes

3) In the capacity the business was established. You can't be an IT start-up and contract yourself out as a window cleaner.

3) [sic] You have to inject 50K into the business (if you wish to extend your leave). You can't make a profit in this amount during the period and simply cite that as your capital injection.

4) Yes.

5) The conditions are in the guidance or, better, Appendix A: Attributes of the immigration rules.

loft
BANNED

Post by loft » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:58 pm

When you apply for your first Entrepreneur visa, do you need to provide evidence that you have registered with HMRC as self-employed?

crazy_ram
United Kingdom

Post by crazy_ram » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:18 pm

loft wrote:When you apply for your first Entrepreneur visa, do you need to provide evidence that you have registered with HMRC as self-employed?
You can be either self employed or director of a limited company. If you registerd as self employed u need to show the evidence document issued by HMRC. If u start a limited company current appointment report from companies which shows you as a director should be enough.

Regards,
RAM

loft
BANNED

Post by loft » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 pm

crazy_ram wrote:
loft wrote:When you apply for your first Entrepreneur visa, do you need to provide evidence that you have registered with HMRC as self-employed?
You can be either self employed or director of a limited company. If you registerd as self employed u need to show the evidence document issued by HMRC. If u start a limited company current appointment report from companies which shows you as a director should be enough.

Regards,
RAM
I registered over the phone last night. They said they were mailing me a letter in the post and it will take about a week to arrive. Is this the "evidence document by HMRC" you are referring to?

sriks

Post by sriks » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:14 am

I read in the Guidance about providing a contract of trading while applying for visa..

Am I interpreting this right..

1. We have establish a company/register as self employed before the visa
2. We also have to secure a contract from a client before submitting our application?

vc555

Re: Can I Show My Incoming Contracting Money as 50K used in

Post by vc555 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Lucapooka wrote:1) No, it's more than 3 months old

2) Yes

3) In the capacity the business was established. You can't be an IT start-up and contract yourself out as a window cleaner.

3) [sic] You have to inject 50K into the business (if you wish to extend your leave). You can't make a profit in this amount during the period and simply cite that as your capital injection.

4) Yes.

5) The conditions are in the guidance or, better, Appendix A: Attributes of the immigration rules.

Thank you Very much Lucapooka... very helpful.

smeuro
Newly Registered

Post by smeuro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 pm

I am not sure about other question but the answer to first question is

yes . it does not matter when you registered. they wan to know that you have continued be a director in last three month.