ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prescription charge exemption(maternity)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1|general
Newly Registered

Prescription charge exemption(maternity)

Post by tier1|general » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi

I am on Tier 1 General Migrant visa which was extended this year and is valid upto October, 2014. Presently I am pregnant. I got an application form from my NHS for a prescription charge exemption(maternity). If I complete this application and send to the Prescription Pricing Authority Exemption Issue Office, then I will get free prescriptions during my pregnancy.

I was wondering If I take this particular exemption, will this be considered as access of public funds which might affect my next visa extension in 2014?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanking you.

z18runway

Re: Prescription charge exemption(maternity)

Post by z18runway » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:57 pm

tier1|general wrote:will this be considered as access of public funds which might affect my next visa extension in 2014?
NO

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Our baby born just after my Tier 1 extension (my mrs was my dependent) but I was worried about the same issue. I wanted to return the card and wanted to stop but when I rang perticular department they confirmed me this not classed as benifit. However I have got ILR recently.

saran79
United Kingdom

Post by saran79 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:54 am

maternity is exempted from benefits

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Not just maternity-related free prescriptions are OK, but also free NHS Dentistry, for the period of pregnancy and for 12 months thereafter.
John