ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP vs dependent work permit holder

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babal
Newly Registered

HSMP vs dependent work permit holder

Post by babal » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:17 am

Currently I am in Uk as dependent on my work permit holder spouse,I have applied for HSMP with old criteria in 1st week of November and waiting for HSMP approval. Now I am plannin to go on vacation for a month to India.

In this duration when I am on vacation if I get my HSMP aaproved, can I still come back to uk on dependent work permit stamping and go for EC after 2 to 3 months (from India), will it be ok ? Will my HSMP status be effected if I do so?

My confusion is that if my HSMP is approved and I still come back to UK as dependant to workpermit holder then will my HSMP become invalid ?

Please help if anyone knows the answer. Bit urgent as I am planning to leave very soon.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:20 am

Don't worry .. go ahead with your trip to India.

Your current visa (WP dependent) will not become unvalid until the date of its expiry or until HO endorses any new visa, which ever is earlier. HSMP approval doesn't necessary mean that you "acquire" HSMP visa. You will need to return to India to apply for EC - and this has to be done within 6 months of the date of HSMP approval.

regards