ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help validate my PES Appointment approach

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pred02

Please help validate my PES Appointment approach

Post by pred02 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:30 am

Hi guys,

With my Tier 1 visa renewal fast approaching, I just wanted to validate my approach for booking the PES appointment for extension.

My current Tier 1 expires on Jan 15 2013.

1. I need to book an appointment within 28 days of my expiration. This means that the earliest I should book for is Tuesday December 18th 2012.

2. To book the the appointment for Tuesday December 18th 2012, I need to try to book 42 days in advance. This means that I should try to start booking Tuesday November 6th (or Monday Nov 5 before midnight).

3. Once I have my appointment, how long does it take to get everything sorted and documents (passport back?) The reason I am asking is that I intend to fly out Dec 22nd to see my family for Christmas. My PES case should be not be complicated (I have one employer & income covering the entire period)

4. Looking forward for the ILR (in 2015). My visa was valid from Jan 15 2010 but I originally entered the UK Feb 16 2010. Is it possible for my extension to cover the entire 5 year period without having to go for the 2nd extension? Is this something I can indicate and ask for in the visa extension interview so I don't have to renew again?

Any additional pointers?

Many thanks

madhumesh
India

Re: Please help validate my PES Appointment approach

Post by madhumesh » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:44 am

pred02 wrote:Hi guys,

With my Tier 1 visa renewal fast approaching, I just wanted to validate my approach for booking the PES appointment for extension.

My current Tier 1 expires on Jan 15 2013.

1. I need to book an appointment within 28 days of my expiration. This means that the earliest I should book for is Tuesday December 18th 2012.
Yes

2. To book the the appointment for Tuesday December 18th 2012, I need to try to book 42 days in advance. This means that I should try to start booking Tuesday November 6th (or Monday Nov 5 before midnight).
Yes

3. Once I have my appointment, how long does it take to get everything sorted and documents (passport back?) The reason I am asking is that I intend to fly out Dec 22nd to see my family for Christmas. My PES case should be not be complicated (I have one employer & income covering the entire period)
probably 7-10 days if you get same day visa otherwise cannot be assumed

4. Looking forward for the ILR (in 2015). My visa was valid from Jan 15 2010 but I originally entered the UK Feb 16 2010. Is it possible for my extension to cover the entire 5 year period without having to go for the 2nd extension?
yes based on people experience on this forum(but still on discretion of caseworker to apply 3 month rule)

Is this something I can indicate and ask for in the visa extension interview so I don't have to renew again?
No comments

Any additional pointers?

Many thanks

pred02

Post by pred02 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Interesting. If I book an appointment on the 17th Dec and it takes 7-10 days for the office to process the paperwork and give me back my passport this will invalidate my plans to fly back to the home country for Christmas.

I guess I can book my PES appointment after my holiday, or right after New Years (Jan 3+), I still have until Jan 15 2013 until my visa expires.

Are there any risks associated to booking that close to the expiration date? I know there is a risk that I won't get the PES appointment for the date I want, but I presume I will be booking 42 days in advance and should I come across the scenario that I cannot find anything at midnight online, I can always go through a lawyer to secure.

Do immigration officials at the airport pose additional questions if you are within that few days of your visa expiring? I guess if I book and print the appointment I can always show them that.

Thanks!

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:06 pm

pred02 wrote:
Interesting. If I book an appointment on the 17th Dec and it takes 7-10 days for the office to process the paperwork and give me back my passport this will invalidate my plans to fly back to the home country for Christmas.

I guess I can book my PES appointment after my holiday, or right after New Years (Jan 3+), I still have until Jan 15 2013 until my visa expires.

Yes.

Are there any risks associated to booking that close to the expiration date? I know there is a risk that I won't get the PES appointment for the date I want, but I presume I will be booking 42 days in advance and should I come across the scenario that I cannot find anything at midnight online, I can always go through a lawyer to secure.

If you can't find PEO appointment, apply through post (just careful with making a valid application)

Do immigration officials at the airport pose additional questions if you are within that few days of your visa expiring? I guess if I book and print the appointment I can always show them that.

They may, but you are within your rights to come back anytime if visa is valid.

Thanks!

pred02

Post by pred02 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:58 pm

If you can't find PEO appointment, apply through post (just careful with making a valid application)

Thanks - what is the latest I can send the application so I am not an overstayer? From when do they start the consideration date - date received the application, posted etc?

Also - I know that the post application can take months to review. I presume I can continue to legally work in the UK in this period (if not leave the country and travel).

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:32 am

Royal Mail - as postmarked
Courier - date signed on receive

Work during processing - yes. Called 3C protection.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:57 pm

pred02 wrote:If you can't find PEO appointment, apply through post (just careful with making a valid application)

Thanks - what is the latest I can send the application so I am not an overstayer? From when do they start the consideration date - date received the application, posted etc?

Also - I know that the post application can take months to review. I presume I can continue to legally work in the UK in this period (if not leave the country and travel).

Yes. Section 3C

Thanks

pred02

Post by pred02 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm

I've made a PES appointment for January 7, 2013. The visa expires on Jan 15, 2013 so I hope though close this is ok.

kkr
Newly Registered

Post by kkr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:43 pm

pred02 wrote:I've made a PES appointment for January 7, 2013. The visa expires on Jan 15, 2013 so I hope though close this is ok.
Which peo are u going?I have an apptiontment at Solihull 10.30 on Jan 7.