ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Difference between Self Employment and Registered Company...

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Omarsunny
BANNED

Difference between Self Employment and Registered Company...

Post by Omarsunny » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:43 am

Hi all,
I am a new member on the forum and found this Place an excellent spot for all the individuals looking for/in process of Entrepreneur Visa. I have been to a number of Solicitors for the purpose of in-depth information on this new route and spent a considerable amount of money in terms of "Consultation fee" but found this place to be more informative then those "Professionals" :)

Having said that, i will quickly jump to my query. I am planning to go for self employment registration rather than registering a company. I have chosen the title of "Business Development Manager" or "Sales Manager" for the purpose. Now as these titles suggest, do i have to get a company registered first and get myself appointed as Business Development Manager or can i do it under the Umbrella of Self Employment as well?? I am a bit confused regarding it as i prefer to be self employed rather than registering a company in company house...
Any help regarding the matter is highly appreciated. Kind Regards..

afzalfinance

Re: Difference between Self Employment and Registered Compan

Post by afzalfinance » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Omarsunny wrote:Hi all,
I am a new member on the forum and found this Place an excellent spot for all the individuals looking for/in process of Entrepreneur Visa. I have been to a number of Solicitors for the purpose of in-depth information on this new route and spent a considerable amount of money in terms of "Consultation fee" but found this place to be more informative then those "Professionals" :)

Having said that, i will quickly jump to my query. I am planning to go for self employment registration rather than registering a company. I have chosen the title of "Business Development Manager" or "Sales Manager" for the purpose. Now as these titles suggest, do i have to get a company registered first and get myself appointed as Business Development Manager or can i do it under the Umbrella of Self Employment as well?? I am a bit confused regarding it as i prefer to be self employed rather than registering a company in company house...
Any help regarding the matter is highly appreciated. Kind Regards..

I hope you will get a reply from some one who have experties on the subject. However I know a friend of mine who is applying on the basis of Retail business and has chosen the title "Business Development Manager". Now , here the investement is £50,000 and in some casses when someone invest in team it will be £25,000 share for each. In this case UKBA would not expect a role of "Business Development Manager" having the same duties and reposnsibilities as they do in big business.
Now coming to the main question, Even if you have a company, so end of the day you will be the director and its you who decide that you are "Business development Mananger" and the same is the case in Self Employement.
Although a company has a good impression in general than the Self employment as a sole trader.
So I personally believe it will not have some significant affect here for visa purpose.
God help those who help themselves

sriks

Post by sriks » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:53 pm

if you are looking for long term advantages...

i read on many sites that the limited company has more benefits than self employed...

in terms of salary, taxes, dividends etc