ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When do l apply for my ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anuoluwa
Newly Registered

When do l apply for my ILR

Post by anuoluwa » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Dear folks l am new on this forum and came to the UK via a spouse visa issued for 27 months at Lagos ,Nigeria.it was issued in 29th of November 2010 and l arrived through Heathrow on the 29th of December 2010, just about one month after issuance.
l am about to apply for my ILR, l know majority of documents to take through reading this forum but not all. l have two issues which l sought advice for: (1)When can l apply for my ILR? By this l mean the exact or approximate dates at any of the PEOs as l am too scared to wait for a long time before my fate is decided? Will the new immigration policy for 9th July 2012 affect me?
(2) my cohabitation documents do not seem to be sufficient. l have only the TV licence and land line telephone bills in my name for utilities all others are in my British wife's name(e.g. council tax, electricity. and gas)However l have the following for the past 2 years: my NHS and GP letters for 2 years,my payslips,(l do 2 jobs but having problems coping and can only manage one well) bank statements for savings, current and ISA accounts (about £ 12,700 total),electoral papers, P60s (from both jobs), LIUK certificate,joint bank statement in our names,letter addressed to us jointly from my step kids' school,letters from HMRC addressed to us jointly(saying we were overpaid £601 child tax credit which my wife just set up a standing order to repay from November2012),letter from HMRC that l have a £71 outstanding due to me being undertaxed...which l will repay this week.
marriage certificate, divorce papers from previous marriage,other miscellaneous letters e.g letter from school for part time studies in information tech,absence spread sheet of about 13 days absence from UK for vacation,photocopies of all the above documents.
l hope the fact that my wife pays the utilies would not hinder my chances, l pay for the groceries and other petty repairs at home.
Please l need a quick reply about the time for application at the PEO.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:50 pm

You may apply for ILR from Saturday, 1 December 2012 and before your leave expires.

Do read form SET(M) for more details.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:51 pm

hi there
i am confused yes it says it all. i am here on 2 years spouse visa and here are following dates if some one can please help me confirm when should i apply for my ilr

date visa issued = 08/12/2010
end date =08/03/2113
date arrived in uk =16/01/2011

so my 2 years will be completed on 16/01/2013 from date i arrived in uk
now question is shall i start 2 years from date i entered uk or date i my visa issued ?
and when should i apply?
sorry for being stupid its just doest get in my head even i read form guidance 20 times :roll:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:37 pm

You can apply no earlier than 28 days before the 16th of January and no later than the expiry date.

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Ok so either 28 days before visa expires or after completing 2 years from date of arrival

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 pm

No. 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of arrival in the UK. Count back 28 days from 16th January.