ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK familly Visitor Visa requirements

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolsen
Newly Registered

UK familly Visitor Visa requirements

Post by coolsen » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:56 am

Hi All,

Iam currently working in UK in Tier 1 (General) Visa. I want my Mom and dad to visit me. I Have maintained around 8k GBP for the past 6 months. My mom is not working and dad is retired long back. Could someone please clarify how much money they should have in india before applying for visa, even though i would be sponsoring for the tickets and stay. I will be sending my payslips and the rental agreement for the house. May i know what else is needed and how much should be the maintenance fund - my side as well as my parents side?

Quick response is really appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:53 pm

They have to apply as general visitors as you are not settled. There is set amount of money. A regular cash flow of income is generally sufficient. They need to have social and economic ties to their homeland, and this would normally be demonstrated by showing evidence of their own financial resources and assets.

saikuteer
Newly Registered

hello

Post by saikuteer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 pm

hiyaa i am in the same problem as of with you......but i also have the problem that i haven't got visa for 6 months so if ma mom is visiting me will they get visa or get rejected directly as i havent got 6 months.....Thank you so much...

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Lucapooka wrote:They have to apply as general visitors as you are not settled. There is set amount of money. A regular cash flow of income is generally sufficient. They need to have social and economic ties to their homeland, and this would normally be demonstrated by showing evidence of their own financial resources and assets.

So parents who don't have financial resoruces and assets in their homeland are likely to have their visa rejected, incase if they have their kids working here.... even if it is a very genuine visit.

SHAME.....
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:38 pm

indianinworld wrote: So parents who don't have financial resoruces and assets in their homeland are likely to have their visa rejected, incase if they have their kids working here.... even if it is a very genuine visit.

SHAME.....
The key thing is to satisfy the visa officer that the application is a genuine visitor and not a potential immigrant. Lack of finacial resources and/or assets doesn't always mean that the visa would be rejected. However financial resources and/or assets are easy means to confirm ties with home country and some sort of incentive of returning back.