ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unspent convictions ILR(set M) Wet and Reckless

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lam85
Newly Registered

unspent convictions ILR(set M) Wet and Reckless

Post by lam85 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:00 am

Hi,
I wanted to see if any one has had a successful application with unspent convictions relating to a wet and reckless in the USA.

I was charged with a DUI in Nov 2008
I was convicted of a lower fine: a wet and reckless in August 2009
in August 2010 I moved to the UK on a Fiancé visa with my British husband
I have now become eligible to get a ILR visa under the two year waiting period of being on a FLR visa.... I went into the Settlement checking service and only then did I realize that I could possibly have issues obtaining my ILR. The Settlement Checking lady suggest that I just apply anyway as you never know and since I was not charged with the driving offense in the UK that I may be ok... I am very worried as I have spent £1000 on this visa and I do not want to get denied ILR in the UK... the unspent convictions waiting time is 5 years since convicted but I wonder if they ever make exemptions to the case??

I had a very very low blood alcohol level and they granted me a fiancé visa and FLR visa with this Wet and Reckless on my record in America... do you think UKBA would allow me to get my ILR ? has anyone heard about anyone in a similar situation?
:cry:

prince12

Re: unspent convictions ILR(set M) Wet and Reckless

Post by prince12 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 pm

lam85 wrote:Hi,
I wanted to see if any one has had a successful application with unspent convictions relating to a wet and reckless in the USA.

I was charged with a DUI in Nov 2008
I was convicted of a lower fine: a wet and reckless in August 2009
in August 2010 I moved to the UK on a Fiancé visa with my British husband
I have now become eligible to get a ILR visa under the two year waiting period of being on a FLR visa.... I went into the Settlement checking service and only then did I realize that I could possibly have issues obtaining my ILR. The Settlement Checking lady suggest that I just apply anyway as you never know and since I was not charged with the driving offense in the UK that I may be ok... I am very worried as I have spent £1000 on this visa and I do not want to get denied ILR in the UK... the unspent convictions waiting time is 5 years since convicted but I wonder if they ever make exemptions to the case??

I had a very very low blood alcohol level and they granted me a fiancé visa and FLR visa with this Wet and Reckless on my record in America... do you think UKBA would allow me to get my ILR ? has anyone heard about anyone in a similar situation?
:cry:
per the below, I dont think you need to worry as it states that there is no record of wet and reckless charge as a conviction unless u re offend...so i dont think it counts as a conviction.... my thought sthough..i could be wrong... :D

Benefits of Wet Wreckless Charges vs. DUI
The result of pleading wet and reckless is a lesser fine, no jail time, and no record of a drunk driving conviction. The law does state that if there is a subsequent drunk driving conviction the wet and reckless will have to be considered a prior drunk driving conviction. This will result in a sentence required for a second conviction of drunk driving under the laws of the country. When motorists plea the lesser charge of wet and reckless they are essentially putting their record on the line and in the hands of the government now. Once they plead the wet and reckless charge the motorist pretty much has a prior on their record if they are pulled over again for driving under the influence. If they are not pulled over for driving under the influence than the wet and reckless plea will not be considered a prior.