ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor information

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

planner82
Newly Registered

Sponsor information

Post by planner82 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi to all

I have submitted my application for ILR in August so I know it will take another couple of months to get it. My question is, whilst my application is in progress, is it possible that my parents (back home in India) can come over as a "Family Visitor"? Or do I have to wait until I get my ILR?

Regards

A

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:00 pm

A family visit application will require you to be settled. However, if and when that happens, the fact that you are settled will not make a huge difference the emission of their visa. Family visits are given a right of appeal and that is about the only difference to a general visit visa.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:00 pm

A family visit application will require you to be settled. However, if and when that happens, the fact that you are settled will not make a huge difference to the emission of their visa. Family visits are given a right of appeal and that is about the only difference to a general visit visa.