ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Role in Business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kswarriach
BANNED

Role in Business

Post by kswarriach » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a company ABC IT Solutions.We provide almost all IT services (IT Support,WebDesinging,SEO,Network Support,Virus Check etc..)

My question is if i select my job role as IT Manager in my business , is this ok ? is it NVQ level above and graduate role too ...what you say.

I have done Degree in Wirless Mobile communication system Engineering.

Please do advise me

Thanks in anticipation !

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:22 pm

It's the business activity that needs to be level 4 or above. You can call yourself whatever you like. IT is level 4 or above so you should have no problems.

kswarriach
BANNED

Post by kswarriach » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It's the business activity that needs to be level 4 or above. You can call yourself whatever you like. IT is level 4 or above so you should have no problems.
Thanks for the reply.I am confused with this thought that:

An IT manager would not be deemed graduate level as this is an administrative job role.

The job role must be a service offered to the client directly, an IT manager is not a service as it’s for the benefit of the business only.

What you say ?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 am

The issue here is what the company does. There are various categories of IT services and some are at or above level 4 and others are not. If the type of service you intend to provide is at or above level 4, you will be fine; otherwise, you can't call yourself IT manager (a position at level 6) of a company that only sells toner cartridges.

Please refer to SOC's to identify the nature of your business and its level.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

makingastart
Newly Registered

Post by makingastart » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe NVQ level is only relevant if you are doing the 50k route. If you have 200k, the you can sell ink cartridges.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Yes, but that not the relevant to this discussion as the person who began this thread is hoping to switch from PSW using 50K, and does need to comply with the rules for that sub-category.

project1one1
BANNED

Post by project1one1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Yes, but that not the relevant to this discussion as the person who began this thread is hoping to switch from PSW using 50K, and does need to comply with the rules for that sub-category.

So lets say if i choose Job position as "Technical Support Manager" via SOC code 1136 - level 6.

or

"Computer Services Manager" via SOC code 1136

-------------------------------------------------------------
OR

Senior Systems Administrator via SOC code 3131 level -4

OR

IT Consultant SOC 2131
IT strategy and planning professionals
Computer consultant
Software consultant

So which one is the best suitable for the company ABC IT Solutions.We provide almost all IT services (IT Support,WebDesinging,SEO,Network Support,Virus Check etc..)

Please advise which iwill be the best position to fulfill the requirement.

I have degree in wireless communication system engineering.So i am good in network support.

jibri
BANNED

Level 4 or Level 6 ?

Post by jibri » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:35 am

Hi
My question is if I apply for visa now, my job title should be at level 4 or level 6?
Thanks

nickb
India

Re: Level 4 or Level 6 ?

Post by nickb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:12 pm

jibri wrote:Hi
My question is if I apply for visa now, my job title should be at level 4 or level 6?
Thanks
Level 4 as stated in the policy guidance.

drog1
Newly Registered

Post by drog1 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:09 am

Hi mate,

Could you please clarify this, for example my company is doing software development, although I am acting more as a business development manager here in the UK, as my day to day activity is to develop business. Would it be ok if I will write:

SOC 1132 Business Development Manager? / this SOC code is found under section Administrative and support service activities - NOT within IT
section
Would it be a problem?
or Should I pick the SOC code from the IT section only?

Thank you very much!

Lucapooka wrote:The issue here is what the company does. There are various categories of IT services and some are at or above level 4 and others are not. If the type of service you intend to provide is at or above level 4, you will be fine; otherwise, you can't call yourself IT manager (a position at level 6) of a company that only sells toner cartridges.

Please refer to SOC's to identify the nature of your business and its level.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

angelStha

what role should i apply for?

Post by angelStha » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi,
I am applying for Entrepreneur visa on 1st week of feb. I am opening a cafe and will be showing it in my business plan. My question is what type of role can I say I do for the cafe? I will be involved in account maintenance, marketing and menu design. and i have registered myself as director of the company.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 pm

If you are currently PSW, you are wasting your time! Read the guidance. If you are not PSW and are applying with 200K, what you call yourself has no significance at this juncture.

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Lucapooka, I am on PSW holder and looking to switch to entrepreneur visa. I have got degree in hospitality management and MBA in finance. That is the reason I am going to open a cafe. I thought if I work in management role rather than just running of a cafe i.e. serving customer and cooking but be involved in overall operation of the business then I could apply for entrepreneur visa.

Does that mean opening a cafe does not qualify for entrepreneur visa?

Thanks for your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 pm

angelStha wrote:Does that mean opening a cafe does not qualify for entrepreneur visa?
Not if you wish to switch from PSW with only 50K. You can have any kind of business if you have 200K.

Please read the PSW switching paragraphs of the policy guidance.

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:57 pm

I searched everywhere and I cannot find any information if a business plan is required while applying to entrepreneur visa from psw if I am applying as director of a new business.

Thanks for your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:24 pm

For PSW switching at 50K, an actual established business is required rather than a business plan of something that does not yet exist. I urge you to read the guidance and if that is not clear, seek proper and professional advice on matter you know nothing about and it being essential to the success of your application. Put it down to the cost of doing business!