ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Criminal Conviction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nobody81
Newly Registered

ILR Criminal Conviction

Post by nobody81 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Hello there,

I am applying for ILR, after HSMP and Tier1 extension, next month and in the form there is a section that asks about criminal convictions. I was charged £60 with 3 points on my license back in 2007, just wondering if it is a criminal conviction?

In Section 6 - Immigration History, do I need to mention when I first came to UK or should it only cover my last 5 years of stay?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Pqek

Re: ILR Criminal Conviction

Post by Pqek » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:24 pm

nobody81 wrote:Hello there,

I am applying for ILR, after HSMP and Tier1 extension, next month and in the form there is a section that asks about criminal convictions. I was charged £60 with 3 points on my license back in 2007, just wondering if it is a criminal conviction?

In Section 6 - Immigration History, do I need to mention when I first came to UK or should it only cover my last 5 years of stay?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
that should not be a criminal conviction but a fixed penalty notice. you can disregard that.

nobody81
Newly Registered

Post by nobody81 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks Pqek, so I am not gonna mention it. Do you know anything about my second question?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:53 pm

mention it on the form but nothing to worry about.