ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP and ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Odettina
Newly Registered

Lost BRP and ILR

Post by Odettina » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:38 pm

I lost my residence permit and I already contacted Home Office. But now As Tier 2 dependant I ought to apply for ILR with my father, who is the main applicant.
Home Office sent me an application for a new BRP, shall I send both applications? The one for ILR and the one for recovering my residnce permit? Or should I only apply for ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi,
You can apply without your BRP as long as you have reported it to UKBA. For replacement BRPs - they are processed at a different office to ILR applications. On the forms I am sure there is a place to write that you have lost your residence permit, besides which, UKBA will have your information from the BRP on their systems.
I would suggest you include the letter you received with your BRP when you apply for ILR.
Thanks
Char

Odettina
Newly Registered

Post by Odettina » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:15 pm

Thank you very much for your advice Char. Yes there is a place for lost BRP, but my question is if I have too to apply for a BRP replacement, or it isn't worth as I am already applying for ILR.

O

CR001 wrote:Hi,
You can apply without your BRP as long as you have reported it to UKBA. For replacement BRPs - they are processed at a different office to ILR applications. On the forms I am sure there is a place to write that you have lost your residence permit, besides which, UKBA will have your information from the BRP on their systems.
I would suggest you include the letter you received with your BRP when you apply for ILR.
Thanks
Char

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:25 pm

When are you applying for ILR?? If it is in the next couple of weeks, it is not worth applying for a replacement BRP as they do take a bit of time and you will have to pay for the replacement and redo your biometrics at the post office. I waited 3.5 months when I applied for a replacement BRP at the end of last year.

I honestly don't think you will have a problem as you have reported the loss to UKBA and they will have all your information on their system.

Thanks
Char

Odettina
Newly Registered

Post by Odettina » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Yes, I will apply in two weeks... Thak you Char
O
CR001 wrote:When are you applying for ILR?? If it is in the next couple of weeks, it is not worth applying for a replacement BRP as they do take a bit of time and you will have to pay for the replacement and redo your biometrics at the post office. I waited 3.5 months when I applied for a replacement BRP at the end of last year.

I honestly don't think you will have a problem as you have reported the loss to UKBA and they will have all your information on their system.

Thanks
Char