ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking to apply in March/April for Spousal Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rikabi

Looking to apply in March/April for Spousal Visa

Post by rikabi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Hello

I am British Citizen and I got married to my Iraqi wife (who resides in UAE, Abu Dhabi all her life) last year. I am looking to apply next year in March or April.

So far I covered the financial aspect with my part time job, so It exceed £18600 by a few hundred pounds, plus I have own savings. I also have a place for her to live in, which was surveyed and was deemed fit for 2 people.

What worries slightly is the proof of relationship aspect. This is what I can potentially submit :

Skype conversions,text messages, miss calls, months and months of watsapps conversations, pictures of cards and flowers I've sent her and other presents. In terms of pictures I have a few together (am looking to take more when I get their again), Marriage certificate (Abu Dhabi Court).
But we don't want to submit any picture of her at the wedding because she is not wearing a headscarves and her is visible (we're both Muslims). Unless there is a way to request only a female ECO views the case or pictures. Now I know must of you are thinking this is silly but surely the embassy will take religious/culture values of other people into mind?

Do you think I am risking my application?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Firstly, let me say that I'm a Muslim female. I believe you may well risk the application if you don't include photos of the wedding. The ECO could take the view that if your wife was able to attend the ceremony without covering her hair, it would be reasonable to submit a photo showing the same for another official purpose. I don't believe they will guarantee a female ECO.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:01 am

Thanks for you input. I have another question about the English requirement, my wife completed the IELTS general test and got 5.5 overall. Speak : 6
Listening : 5 Reading : 4.5 Writing : 5.5 - does that mean she has satisfied the language requirement?