ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to HSMP (at UK Immigration desk)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcp
Newly Registered

WP to HSMP (at UK Immigration desk)

Post by tcp » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:38 am

Hi All,

I would be grateful if somebody can help me out here

Background :

I have been working in UK since June 2004 and have applied for HSMP (FLR) visa and got 2 years from 1st of Nov 2006. I am still continuing my job with the same employer and employer does not know about my HSMP visa. I am planning to visit india for x-mas for 3-4 weeks.

Will i have any problems at UK immigration desk when i arrive in UK after 3 weeks of holiday? or any issues continuing the job with same employer.

what sort of questions will i have to face as i am now under HSMP visa

Thanks In Advance,
CP

Markie

Post by Markie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:50 pm

What visa are you using? A work permit or your HSMP visa?

There should be no problem going through Immigration - unless they will find something unusual with you visa...

indianpirate
Newly Registered

Re: WP to HSMP (at UK Immigration desk)

Post by indianpirate » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:02 pm

dont u worry as long as you have a valid visa.
it is very unlikely immigration would call your employer to check your employment status.

tcp
Newly Registered

Post by tcp » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:35 pm

Thanks Markie

My WP visa is valid until May 2007 and my HSMP visa stamped on 1st of Nov 2006 for two years and my understanding is WP visa is no more valid after i got HSMP visa stamped.

I am continuing with my same old employer and have payslips every month

Regards,
CP

meggles

Post by meggles » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:41 am

it is my understanding that you must apply for FLR(HSMP) within 6 months of recieving yoru HSMP visa. therefore, if your HSMP was approved in Nov 06, you must apply for FLR(HSMP) by MAY 07.

tcp
Newly Registered

Post by tcp » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:06 am

Thanks meggles,

HSMP approval letter was received in the month of May 2006 and applied for FLR(HSMP) in Oct 1st week and visa got stamped on 1st of Nov 2006 for two years

So my existing WP is no more valid as HSMP visa is stamped (1st of Nov 2006) on my passport and am continuing with my same employer. I dont think so continuing with the same employer is a problem.

Will i have any problems at UK immigration desk when i arrive in UK after 3 weeks of holiday? or any issues continuing the job with same employer.

Thanks In Advance,
CP

egoode
Newly Registered

Post by egoode » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:32 pm

You won't have any problems as there is no rule stating you have to leave your job if switching from a Work Permit to a HSMP.

Your work permit is now considered obsolete as your HSMP visa is now what you are entering under.