ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC in chennai india. very painful.......

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPforever
Newly Registered

EC in chennai india. very painful.......

Post by HSMPforever » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:42 pm

I wish to know how to respond to the following question, and what documents to submit to respond effectively to this:

QUESTION BY ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER IN CHENNAI:

WHY WERE YOU APPOINTED AS AN ASSISTANT MANAGER EVEN BEFORE YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR DEGREE RESULTS? WITHOUT DEGREE RESULTS OR DEGREE CERTIICATE HOW DID YOU BECOME AN ASSISTANT MANAGER?

People, if a company, a private company, a small medium enterprise at that, decides to give me a job after i apply to them, and they post me as an assistant manager, how is this my fault? it is the company's prerogative to appoint me right? i mean, this is not a government job that required a degree for appointment. I finished my exams, and they agreed to give me a job. Since the company had a shortage of staff, they took me on even before the results were out. that they made me an assistant manager (which is junior management trainee type of position) is not my fault right?

how in god's name can i answer this question? isnt this the company's responsibility to answer why they gave me an assistant manager job? I dont understand how i can answer this. i cant ask the company why they appointed me an assistant manager, can i?

I intend submitting a recommendation letter from my college HOD and submit my final year project report to the visa guys just to show them that i am competent for the assistant manager job. I mean, if the company thought i was competent and gave me the asst. manager job, why should i be penalized? really weird.

what other documents can i submit? what else can i do to counter this argument? I understand clearly the logic behind the visa officer's questions. but i dont understand how i can respond effectively to something that was not my doing. my company appointed me. what am i to do? refuse the job? tell the company i do not deserve the asst. manager job? nonsense.

neelimak
Newly Registered

Post by neelimak » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:44 pm

When you are going to apply for VISA again

umeshsethi

Are you asking this for real..

Post by umeshsethi » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:53 pm

Bruther you and i and all the people know the answer to this question. This happens routinely for mba courses and can defn, happen for professional graduate courses , say Btech, BCA etc. Many companies do placement before degree completion holding interviews and tests. They give "provisional offers" providing you actually qualify your course based on your interviews etc.

They do this because their is no godamn reason that the recruiting year and graduation year shoudl match and Each company wants to book talent asap. This happens across the world as well.

Brother, the silly officer and you as well should know this.

God save us all!
Umesh Sethi