ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit freepost address

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmm

Child benefit freepost address

Post by nmm » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for child benefit and wondering if is it safe to send original documents (birth certificate, BRP, passports) to Freepost address mentioned in the benefit form? Do they have any other address where we can send registered post.

Thanks

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 am

Just for the information of members, you can post recorded delivery on freepost address. I went to post office and asked them to post recorded delivery and they just charged the difference of recorded and normal post

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:28 pm

i didn't send it with application for my kid. they asked for any original and sent a freepost envelope, i have just posted the decision letter with it as i don't have brp on me

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:50 am

Hi nmm and innocentdevil: How long did you get back your child benifit decisions. I have sent mine 6th December but no reply yet.
Thanks

bhossan100

Child Benefit Application- Address for Recorded Delivery

Post by bhossan100 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi All
I would like to send Child Benefit Application by Special Delivery to make sure valuable documents are not lost. But the problem is, the address on the form shows PO BOX which can't be used for recorded delivery as a signature is required on delivery. Does anyone know full address without PO box no?
Regards
Bhossan

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Re: Child Benefit Application- Address for Recorded Deliver

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:19 pm

bhossan100 wrote:Hi All
I would like to send Child Benefit Application by Special Delivery to make sure valuable documents are not lost. But the problem is, the address on the form shows PO BOX which can't be used for recorded delivery as a signature is required on delivery. Does anyone know full address without PO box no?
Regards
Bhossan
I have sent my documents by first class recorded delivery. Did not have any problem. Address used that is on page 8 of child benefit form (free post and post box 133). Received my documents back after 20 days.

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Hi!

Post by gj6ab5657 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Hi nmm and innocentdevil: How long did you get back your child benifit decisions. I have sent mine 6th December but no reply yet.
Thanks
I had applied for my child benefit on 17/07/12 which was received by CBO on 25/07/12 and I didn’t heard anything till 26 November 12, after that I have sent a query regarding my child benefit claim on 26 November 2012 and got answered on my email address on 05 November 12 ‘‘Your claim was disallowed because you were not resident in the UK.''

But the fact was I got my ILR in the UK on 29 February 2012 and I have attached again my Child Benefit Application form + My passport photo copy + My both children’s passports photo copy with my application.

Any one knows how long takes time normally for consideration any application?

please any one knows than CBO your answer will highly appreciated

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Hi nmm and innocentdevil: How long did you get back your child benifit decisions. I have sent mine 6th December but no reply yet.
Thanks

hello arif,
it took a while for mine to come through. I sent the application and they asked for original ILR docs which I didn't have but I had the decision letter on me so sent that with a covering letter explaining that. It took around a month for them to send award notice and docs back.

Child benefit will come through easily. The pig is Working Tax Credit. I have been awarded and its been like 3 months, nothing yet. Needless to say, my MP has taken over to get something out of them

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Hi!

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 pm

gj6ab5657 wrote:
Thanks
I had applied for my child benefit on 17/07/12 which was received by CBO on 25/07/12 and I didn’t heard anything till 26 November 12, after that I have sent a query regarding my child benefit claim on 26 November 2012 and got answered on my email address on 05 November 12 ‘‘Your claim was disallowed because you were not resident in the UK.''

But the fact was I got my ILR in the UK on 29 February 2012 and I have attached again my Child Benefit Application form + My passport photo copy + My both children’s passports photo copy with my application.

Any one knows how long takes time normally for consideration any application?

please any one knows than CBO your answer will highly appreciated

no time frame here but you will get it.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Re: Child benefit freepost address

Post by Somudro » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:17 am

nmm wrote:Hi,

I am going to apply for child benefit and wondering if is it safe to send original documents (birth certificate, BRP, passports) to Freepost address mentioned in the benefit form? Do they have any other address where we can send registered post.

Thanks
Do you need to send original BRP and passport? Not really. Photocopies of these documents are enough. This is mentioned in the form.

However, U need to send the original Birth Certificate.

Please correct me if I am wrong.