ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor made redundant after Spouse Visa granted

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

allenan
Newly Registered

Sponsor made redundant after Spouse Visa granted

Post by allenan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:57 pm

My wife has recently been granted a Spouse visa to join me here in the UK and is due to fly out at the end of November. However I have just been made redundant from my job, and as her sponsor I'm wondering what sort of position this puts me in. What are our obligations to the UK Border Agency regarding this change of status? Since I can still support us without resorting to public funds (some savings and my redundancy payout), certainly until I find more work, will this risk my wife being turned away at the border when she arrives?
Any advice regarding this would be very much appreciated, as I have not been able to find anything that relates to this specific situation.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 am

Nothing to worry about .. until the time of extension.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

allenan
Newly Registered

Post by allenan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 am

sushdmehta wrote:Nothing to worry about .. until the time of extension.
Thankyou for the reply. My concern really is that the UKBA states that entrants are required to inform them of any change of circumstance on arrival, or else risk a 10 year ban. I just dont know if they can revoke her visa and refuse her entry when she tells them that her sponsor is no longer financially stable?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Don't imagine problems.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Franko

Post by Franko » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 pm

allenan wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Nothing to worry about .. until the time of extension.
Thankyou for the reply. My concern really is that the UKBA states that entrants are required to inform them of any change of circumstance on arrival, or else risk a 10 year ban. I just dont know if they can revoke her visa and refuse her entry when she tells them that her sponsor is no longer financially stable?
I think that is more aimed at relationship breakdowns, your wifes visa is dependant on the relationship continuing and should it end then so would her visa. You dont have to worry about employment untill 6 months before your next FLR application.