ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Three Questions re ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1400 Years

Three Questions re ILR Application

Post by 1400 Years » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:08 pm

When did you last enter the UK?

- Form Set (O) Page 14
1. Does this mean when I entered as an immigrant the first time, or when I last re-entered from a brief holiday that I took abroad? For example, I immigrated on 1 Dec 2007, then went abroad for a week in Feb 2011 [leisure], returning on 28 Feb 2011...

11L Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

- Form Set (O) Page 43
2. Does the blue text above mean that one is required to [re]provide all the documents included in the application for HSMP [in my case] which I applied for in 2007 [from Oman]?

3. I recently found that I have misplaced the expired passports [on which three of my family members travelled over to the UK in 2009. These expired in the same year, and new ones were applied for - which bear the current and valid FLR visa.] I went to the police station to report about the misplaced old passports, but they said they don't log any such reports any more. The UKBA require original ones - expired and current - to be sent. I only have the photocopies. What to do now?

Thanks in advance for replies
1400 Years
Last edited by 1400 Years on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:24 pm

is that alright now sir?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:29 pm

1. The meaning of the question is exactly what is asked in plain English. In other words, what is the most recent date of entry to UK?
2. Reading this topic should help.
3. If you do not have a police report from the time of loss of the passport and the police no longer files a report for expired passport with invalidated leave, then the only thing left is that you state these facts in the application form. Hopefully, a sensible caseworker will understand your predicament - that you cannot do anything about it now - and use his/her discretion.
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 pm

I hope you will have no more than these three questions regarding your ILR application. If so, sure! :wink: