ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moving after naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geek1981

moving after naturalization application

Post by geek1981 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:23 am

Hi

Me and wife are applying for naturalization through out local NCS next week. I'll be moving to a new place (different council outside london) in January and would like to know these two things:

1. I'll update my details page on UKBA with my new address when i move and will also setup redirect at Royalmail. Do you think that should be all i need to do to receive my approval letter to the new address?

2. Do i have to contact my new council to book my ceremony? Or i need to book it with my council for my old address? I guess if i update the address on UKBA they send my certificate automatically to my new council, is that right? How does that work?

cheers!

bobobo

Re: moving after naturalization application

Post by bobobo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:31 am

Well I would put the address of the "New Council" on the AN form where they ask for the address of the council you want your ceremony to be done, This has to be specified else the HO assume you want this done at your existing council (based on your postcode)
geek1981 wrote:Hi

Me and wife are applying for naturalization through out local NCS next week. I'll be moving to a new place (different council outside london) in January and would like to know these two things:

1. I'll update my details page on UKBA with my new address when i move and will also setup redirect at Royalmail. Do you think that should be all i need to do to receive my approval letter to the new address?

2. Do i have to contact my new council to book my ceremony? Or i need to book it with my council for my old address? I guess if i update the address on UKBA they send my certificate automatically to my new council, is that right? How does that work?

cheers!