ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need urgent help plz

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aamirshanu
Newly Registered

need urgent help plz

Post by aamirshanu » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:46 am

i have one question regarding about my spouse visa .iam getting married in november and she is a british national ...can some one tell me about ielts exam requirements i have to achieve 4 bands in all sections???i also checked with ukba sites and they mentioned only about listening and speaking if i fail in reading and writing sections what will happen? doesy any one have know about it?? and iam applying my spouse visa in dubai they have priority service ? if i choose priorty service how much time it will take to process?and one more thing i got my uk visit visa this year which is valid until 2014 and now iam staying with my fiance in her house and i know i cant register my marriage while iam on visit visa.. will they take this issue negative? and she is earning more than 18600 per year but she does not have any saving? will this effect my case? with out savings she also have accomadation which is 2 bed room flat
thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:12 pm

aamirshanu
Newly Registered

Post by aamirshanu » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:23 pm

i have checked this site before i want some information what did i mention here

christine44

Post by christine44 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 pm

My understanding is that you only have to pass the speaking and listening part of the A1 exam to meet the Spouse Visa requirements. City and Guilds have introduced an exam specifically to meet the UKBA requirement and it only tests speaking and listening skills unlike other examination boards. Information is available here : http://www.cityandguildsenglish.com/UKBA You should be able to find details of your nearest City and Guilds testing centre on their website. Good luck !!

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:48 pm

1 - IELTS - you need 4.0 or more in Speaking and Listening. Writing and Reading are not required however I would suggest not to fail them. In fact also pass them with 4.0 or higher marks.

2 - Priority service - not sure but I would guess the priority service would not influence the speed of decision made on your application but is more for the application submission process

3 - Visit VISA - that is fine. Once you have legally registered your marriage in your home country, you can submit your application

4 - £18,600 annual salary - As long as you meet the annual salary requirements there is no need for savings

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

aamirshanu
Newly Registered

Post by aamirshanu » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:18 am

harv wrote:1 - IELTS - you need 4.0 or more in Speaking and Listening. Writing and Reading are not required however I would suggest not to fail them. In fact also pass them with 4.0 or higher marks.

2 - Priority service - not sure but I would guess the priority service would not influence the speed of decision made on your application but is more for the application submission process

3 - Visit VISA - that is fine. Once you have legally registered your marriage in your home country, you can submit your application

4 - £18,600 annual salary - As long as you meet the annual salary requirements there is no need for savings

Hope this helps.
thanks alot

one2ka4

Post by one2ka4 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi, I have requested FOI request through whatdotheyknow for IELTS requirement, as I was worried as well for my wife's results. and they confirmed that they don't care what your results for writing and reading.. as long as speaking and listening 4.0 thats fine. look at the following link, as thats what they saying.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/e ... ing-327700

aamirshanu
Newly Registered

Post by aamirshanu » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 pm

one2ka4 wrote:Hi, I have requested FOI request through whatdotheyknow for IELTS requirement, as I was worried as well for my wife's results. and they confirmed that they don't care what your results for writing and reading.. as long as speaking and listening 4.0 thats fine. look at the following link, as thats what they saying.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/e ... ing-327700
thanks alot for this helpful information

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:13 am

aamirshanu wrote:Please Some one help me .i was so much happy that i can apply my spouse visa.. I just cam to know the ukba needs minimum 18600 salary after the tax . I was misunderstood my wife earns 21529 pounds per year after the tax she gets 17215 which is short around 1385 in this case what should i do? And even she does not have any savings? I have my own savings in my country which is around 10000 pounds can i show my savings when i will apply my visa iam afraid that they will decline my visa right now iam soo depressed and so stressed please some one guide me or ukba needs exact 18600 to apply spouse visa and she is only short of 1385
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:32 am

The income requirement is pre-tax not post-tax.

aamirshanu
Newly Registered

Post by aamirshanu » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:32 pm

One quick and last question about the tenancy agreement ..my fiance have an tenancy contract flat on her name ... In the contract its mentioned short hold tenancy ... Can u confirm me is this fine
Thanks

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Yes it is a standard tenancy contract usualy called:

AST - Assured Shorthold Tenancy

As long as you have 6 months remaining on the agreement at the time of making your application, you should be fine.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised