ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Extension: No acknowledgement letter after 4week

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cwkcalvin
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Visa Extension: No acknowledgement letter after 4week

Post by cwkcalvin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Dear all,

I hope I can get some advice. I am progressing from an MSc to a Phd course with my visa expiring in Jan 2013. I have submitted my application for a visa extension on the 4/10/12 with Special Delivery which I tracked and it was delivered on the 5/10/12. However till today (02/11/12) I am yet to receive the acknowledgement letter. My method of payment was postal order.

I am getting worried, is there anyway I can contact the UKBA to check on this?

Thanks,
Calvin

teladi
Newly Registered

a

Post by teladi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:28 pm

maybe the acknowledgement letter was lost, however if you dont receive the biometric letter in another week or 2 then there seems to be a problem.

in my case, i contacted my university, since i think all tier 4 sponsors will have at least someone who can contact ukba directly.

cwkcalvin
Newly Registered

Post by cwkcalvin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks for the reply teladi, I will definitely do that.

Did you submit your application through the University Batch system or did you submit it yourself?

And how did it go?

teladi
Newly Registered

a

Post by teladi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 am

hi, you are welcome. i applied through my university's batch scheme, and they don't notify people about the acknowledgement letter (I asked them though), only for biometric enrollment and when your documents arrive.

even if you applied by yourself, they should be still able to ask.

cwkcalvin
Newly Registered

Post by cwkcalvin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks.

I did that, unfortunately they just asked me to wait. When did you send in your application and how long did it take you to get the letter?

teladi
Newly Registered

a

Post by teladi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:26 pm

hi,
my acknowledgement letter was received 1 week after posting. after 4 weeks i received the biometric enrollment letter.

im surprised they told you to wait, since it is clearly taking much longer than normal. i did have to keep on insisting for them to call though, its not somethng they would offer you immediately.