ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documentation help required for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rtu
Newly Registered

documentation help required for BC

Post by rtu » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:39 pm

I have recieved my ILR last week, my son is born in UK 2years ago.

I left him in India 4 months due to his grandparents wanting to spend time with him. Now, I am planning to bring him back to UK before march and his visa will expire next week, his Indian passport is in India whereas his birth certificate is here in UK with me.. there are couple of questions in my mind.

1. Can I register him as British Citizen in UK or should I do it from India?
2. Can I register him with only his birth certificate without sending his passport?
3. Do I need to submit or surrender his Indian Passport while registering him as BC?
4. Do I need to sort out registering him as BC as well as get his British passport before I bring him here?
5. What is the ideal way to bring him back to UK?

many thanks for all your help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:08 pm

1. From the UK is possible. In any case, all applications (including from abroad) are decided in Liverpool.
2. Strictly speaking, if he got a passport, it should be submitted. In practice, not submitting one should not affect the decision.
3. As per (2), the passport should be submitted. The passport should be surrendered to the Indian authorities after the application is granted.
4. Yes. Or apply for a visa for him.
5. Depends on time and money. Longest (but cheapest) apply for registration (2-3 months). Then apply for a UK passport from India (4 months). Quickest (several weeks) is to apply for a visa (on Indian passport) to bring him over.

rtu
Newly Registered

Post by rtu » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:42 am

Thank you very much for the reply. :) I shall consider all your points, I have one more doubt..

My son has been to India and back from India once as a Tier 2 dependant and we left him there when we went to India 2nd time, in the MN1 form, the section to show absence from UK will have those details.. do I need his passport in that case??