ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - Croydon - 1st November

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brij4134

ILR success - Croydon - 1st November

Post by brij4134 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:50 pm

To start with great salute to creator of this forum and big thanks to all Gurus, Moderators and each and every one who share their experience and advice for other people without any personal gain.

I got ILR approved at Croydon yesterday. I applied with my wife as dependent and have two daughters who born in UK. So I skip them and now will apply with MN1 form for British Citizen registration.

Work permit – 5 year with single employer
Entry clearance stamp: 29/11/2007
Enter in UK: 07/12/2007
Entry clearance stamp expiry: 29/11/2012

Got appointment exactly 6 weeks before at 00:20 am on my first eligible day for ILR (i.e. 1st November 2012) which I know from this forum about how to book appointment.

Appointment at 10:55 and entered at 10:35 in Lunar house. We finished security check, payment and biometrics at 12:05. Then long wait started and announced our ticket number at 2:15 on counter number 20. Case worker asked me to submit all documents with photocopies and he said if he needs any more documents then he will ask for it. I can see from window which documents he was looking and at 3 pm he called me and asked for my all P60s only. I had one file for back up documents and I gave him old P60s with photocopy as well. Finally at 3:30 he gave us all documents back and did not mention about outcome of application. But I was looking a letter what he printed and kept on his desk last and I can see that biometric card will arrive within couple of days. I said him thanks a lot and have a great day!!

Documents submitted:
Passports (old and current)
SET(O) with 2 photos of each
Original work permit letter
Employer letter
Employer letter for confirmation of pay slip
Recent 3 month payslip with company stamp on it
Recent 3 month bank statement
P60 for 2011-2012
Life in UK certificate
Marriage certificate

Cohab documents – joint
Council tax bills – 3 years
Joint bank statement e – 2 different banks
Car insurance
Travel insurance
Utilities bills

Even I have another at least more than 8 documents each in me and my wife name which they did not bother to have a look as well.

Once again big thanks to this forum and for any question I am happy to assist my followers.
Have good luck to all who are still in the same train.

Many thanks

Brij
:lol:

SONAKSHI

Residence start period

Post by SONAKSHI » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:29 pm

congratulations Brij. I have a couple of questions and appreciate if you would help me out please.
You entered UK on 7.12.2007 and as such your 5 years continous stay would have been on the 6.12.2012. you were eligible to apply 28 days before that. How did you apply on 1.12.2012.
My Tier one was from 7.1.2008 and I entered UK on 13.1.2012, while extending after two years by postal application my extension was delayed and my visa was extended till 26.1.2013. Will I be eligible to apply after 10.12.2012 or 16.12.2012?
Further would you please also post a sanitised copy of the employer letter veryifying the payslips.
Many thanks in advance
Less is More

brij4134

Re: Residence start period

Post by brij4134 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:35 pm

SONAKSHI wrote:congratulations Brij. I have a couple of questions and appreciate if you would help me out please.
You entered UK on 7.12.2007 and as such your 5 years continous stay would have been on the 6.12.2012. you were eligible to apply 28 days before that. How did you apply on 1.12.2012.
My Tier one was from 7.1.2008 and I entered UK on 13.1.2012, while extending after two years by postal application my extension was delayed and my visa was extended till 26.1.2013. Will I be eligible to apply after 10.12.2012 or 16.12.2012?
Further would you please also post a sanitised copy of the employer letter veryifying the payslips.
Many thanks in advance
Hi Sonakshi,
If you are in UK within 90 days from the entry clearance then you can start to count your 5 year from the entry clearance stamping date. So in your case you can start to count from 7/1/2008 and you can apply 28 days before 7/1/2013. So it is 10/12/2012. My employer letter for payslip as below:

Monday 29th October 2012
To,
The Case Worker
UKBA Croydon Office
Lunar house, 40, Wellesley Road,
Croydon CR9 2BY

Subject: Payslips for Mr XXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is to certify that the enclosed payslips are original and all contents are true as per my knowledge and belief.

Related information as below for applicant:

Applicant full name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Work Permit number: XXXXXXX
Worker reference number: XXXXXXX
Period covered: 60 months

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any queries in respect of this.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxx
(Director)

Hope this help.
Best luck for your application.

Brij

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi,

First of all congratulation...I would like you to suggest on follwing points-

I am a work permit holder and will be applying for ILR shortly.

Did they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it?

Do you have any idea what i need to do to avoid trouble/ rejection in this case? What would you suggest?

Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:37 pm

MARCH wrote:Hi,

First of all congratulation...I would like you to suggest on follwing points-

I am a work permit holder and will be applying for ILR shortly.

Did they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it?

Do you have any idea what i need to do to avoid trouble/ rejection in this case? What would you suggest?

Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....
As has already been mentioned by a few other forum members, you have nothing to worry about here. I agree with the response provided below, please read it if you have not already done so: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=124601

If it's reassurance you are after, you now have a few responses suggesting the same, which I hope will stop you from posting this same question under more topics, as you are hijacking them, by doing so.