ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa-confused on 2 parts...

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

littlebush

Schengen visa-confused on 2 parts...

Post by littlebush » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi,
I'm UK Citizen but wife is Russian on a 2 year spouse residence permit but because her permit doesnt state 'family member of EEU citizen' she still needs a schengen.

Confused no. 1
The rules of the schengen (Dutch) state:
If you are a first time traveller to the Schengen area and you are applying for TOURISM purposes, you need to submit hotel and travel (flight/train/coach/ferry) reservations. Hotel and travel reservations made via the internet should contain your credit card details.

We have already been to Greece together earlier this year and she was granted a visa just for the length of our stay.
Does this mean our trip to Holland isnt her 'first time' to Schegen and so we do not need to have our travel booked as evidence?

Confused no. 2
"Evidence of hotel bookings for the full period of your stay in the Schengen area"

I dont want my wife to receive just a visa for our visit to Holland like she did for Greece, we want 6 months as we love to travel and will be doing future trips, but is the only way to get a 6month visa to book every hotel for every trip. We like to backpack and make plans as we travel and not be so damn inflexible. How can we be sure to get 6months if we dont have any future bookings?

Thanks in advance!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:17 pm

A family member of EEA national travelling together with the EEA national doesn't need to provide details of accommodation in the destination (basically no need to answer the fields marked with * in the application form). The visa is free of charge.

See also Dutch consulate - Documents to submit - family member of an EU/EEA national.

littlebush

Post by littlebush » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Jambo, thanks for the reply.
Even though her residence permit doesnt state 'family member of EU citizen'?
And do we need to show airline booking though?
Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:00 pm

If her vignette would have stated "family member of EEA national" she shouldn't have needed visa at all (if travelling with you). In her case, she needs a visa and it should be issued free of charge.

Strictly speaking, airline tickets should not be required when you exercise free movement (i.e she travels with you) but it seems that some consulates do ask for it (The Spanish consulate also asks for it). I suggest you contact the Dutch consulate and ask for the visa to be issued without proof of travel.