ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting Married in UK as illegal immigrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tsardebeaute
Newly Registered

Getting Married in UK as illegal immigrant

Post by tsardebeaute » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 pm

I came into UK about 8years ago and i have since been an illegal immigrant.

I met my fiance (British Born) over a year ago and we are planning on getting married soon.

I was informed a while back that it is required to have a certificate of approval from the home office before we get married, but this requirement has been discontinued recently.

I do not have an document as identification and i was hoping if it is possible for me to get married at the registry or church of England.

i will appreciate if anyone can help with further information that can make this process as easy as possible. :)

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Getting Married in UK as illegal immigrant

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 am

tsardebeaute wrote:I do not have an document as identification and i was hoping if it is possible for me to get married at the registry or church of England.
See this Church of England page for more information on that subject. As a non-British, you will need a Common Licence, I think procedures differ between dioceses. However, I think it is extremely unlikely that without having any identifying document you will be able to do anything about that. I recommend you have a sub rosa chat with a clergy member of the CoE, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. You need to regularise your stay in the UK first.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:39 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPpoi5a1 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm6fBusW ... 77930069ED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76IEIqk5sNI

I do not mean that yours is going to be a sham marriage. I am just trying to bring in your notice (if you're unaware) that anything could go wrong on the wedding day if bride or groom is illegal because UK Border Force assumes that this is migrant's attempt to permanently stay in the country, although they operate mostly through good intelligence. You must consult with a good immigration lawyer beforehand. If the relationship is genuine, end of the day, couple lives in the UK. But good times come sometimes after a deportation.

I know somebody who was deported for the same reason. He was not caught at church or registry office but later from home. His relationship was genuine, his wife (british born) fled to his home country and lived with him for few months and finally he got a green signal.

That certificate is not a requirement now but you have to get registered first and thats why it comes in the knowledge of UKBA.
lets get together for migrants' rights