ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry just before Visa Expiry

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harir
Newly Registered

Re-entry just before Visa Expiry

Post by harir » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm on a PSW visa which expires around Jan 10, 2013. Is it advisable to travel to India at this point? I've got personal commitments and plan to get back to the UK before Dec 10th after a two week holiday.

I'm just wondering if I'll be questioned at immigration while leaving India and if that goes ok, then at immigration UK? Would they ask "you have only a month left on your visa, why are you coming back?". Is there a chance I won't be allowed back?

Just to add a bit more context, I plan to extend my stay later anyway and my employer has agreed to sponsor me under the Tier 2 general scheme. They applied for a certificate of sponsorship in Aug and we haven't heard back yet. Even if we get it in the next few days, I have to then apply for my Tier 2 visa and there is not enough time as I need to be in India at the end of this month.

My employer would be happy to give me an official letter stating that they're going to be sponsoring me. So I can have bases covered, but I don't want to risk it if other people have faced any issues in similar circumstances.

Any help or opinions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hari

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:56 pm

If you still have valid leave to enter/remain at the time of entry, then you should be ok.

Refusal is possible under 321 or 321A, with an in-country right of appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

harir
Newly Registered

Post by harir » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm

thanks vinny. I've heard rumours about people being refused entry just because they have leave to remain but the leave is too short. I guess I'll get a letter from my company to be on the safe side.