ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from WP to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kibria

Switching from WP to HSMP

Post by Kibria » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:01 am

Hi,

I am working in UK for past 3 months on Wwork Permit, I had my HSMP stamped during this time.

Now I want to switch to HSMP visa.

1 - Since I am in UK I think I need to apply for FLR IED(HSMP) right?

2 - Does the new point system apply on first time HSMP Visa stamping process (in country)

3 - The form asks for salary prrof for two cases i.e. for less than 12 months visa and more than 12 months visa but in my case I hace been earning for 3 months only and that was on Work Permit, how do I claim points for the salary (in case point system applies on me)

The confusion is becaue in the form it says the poin system applied for people who are on HSMP vis and wish to extend their stay but I for my case I am on work permit visa and want to switch to HSMP in-country.

Please advise the way forward

Kibria

meggles

Post by meggles » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:07 am

applying for HSMP in coutry is a two step process the forms are different for each step.

from your post i understand that you've already applied for HSMP using this form & guidance notes:
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... P1form.doc
guidance notes: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... idance.doc

NOW you need to do step two...

setp two- apply for FLR(HSMP), use this form & guidance notes:
please note this form is also used by people apply for HSMP extension, therefore, you can ignore the parts about proving your HSMP eligability. however, you do need to show evidence of funds, accomdation, etc.
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... P)form.doc
guidance notes: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... idance.doc

got it?

Kibria

Post by Kibria » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:24 pm

Thank you meggel for your information, that has been very helpfull in deed.

Based on your reply my understanding is that I need to fill the newly issued FLR(HSMP) form.

I will ignore the points scor4ing sections (as I am not under HSMP programme rather on Work Permit Visa)

Offcourse I will have to provide evidence fo accomoidation and fund sufficiency

Right?

Regards
Kibria

mcu

Post by mcu » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:21 pm

Hi
Can you please make sure is it FLR(HSMP) or FLR(IED). I think for WP people who want to switch it is FLR(IED) and for HSMP people who are already on HSMP & need further extension it is FLR(HSMP).

Regards

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:22 pm

mcu wrote:Hi
Can you please make sure is it FLR(HSMP) or FLR(IED). I think for WP people who want to switch it is FLR(IED) and for HSMP people who are already on HSMP & need further extension it is FLR(HSMP).

Regards
It is FLR(HSMP) for ANY-IN COUNTRY HSMP FLR application. Both initial & extension application for leave to remain need to use FLR(HSMP) form from Nov 8th onwards

FLR(IED) have no more option for HSMP. HSMP option in FLR(IED) been completly removed

mcu

Post by mcu » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:13 pm

It is very strange. On my approval letter(14Nov), they have written that if I am in country and want to switch into hsmp, then you are required to use FLR(IED) for further leave to remain. hari15, I remember you also got very recently. Is there any sort of thing written on your approval?

Regards

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:09 am

mcu wrote:It is very strange. On my approval letter(14Nov), they have written that if I am in country and want to switch into hsmp, then you are required to use FLR(IED) for further leave to remain. hari15, I remember you also got very recently. Is there any sort of thing written on your approval?

Regards
Yes they have written like this, since they didnt updated HSMP approval letter fomat

But forms to apply have been changed from Nov 8th Onwards for both Initial & Extention LTR application for HSMP

But absolutly nothing to worry. FLR(HSMP) having sections seperatly for extention applications, just we need to omit those thats it.

Infact contents to be filled in FLR(IED) or FLR(HSMP) for Initial HSMP application is exactly same. So even if you have used old FLR(IED) form by mistake, they will accept that also until Dec 5th. After that using FLR(HSMP) is mandatory.

But to be frank if you use latest FLR(IED) form you cant fill it because HSMP option itself been removed

I have already applied for FLR using FLR(HSMP) yesterday through my consultant

Kibria

Post by Kibria » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:44 am

Thank you guys for all the informative feedback. Yhis means that I don't need to worry about the points scoring becacuse I am switching HSMP immigration status.

Secondly as you said I can use FLR(IED) before Dec 6th.

iloveuk
Newly Registered

No Ilts requirement for ppl switching from non hsmp tp hsmp

Post by iloveuk » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:55 pm

hi hari,
I failed to understand why u needed English requirement since your case is initial leave to remain only.

English requirement is only for hsmp extension applications only

Hope this helps

smadan_in
Newly Registered

Convert WP to HSMP

Post by smadan_in » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:01 am

hI,

I nave come to UK on a work permit 3 months back. I now want to apply for HSMP and am not able to figure out what the process would be for In country application. Do i have to submit both HSMP and HSMP(FLR) both and together or do i need to first submit HSMP application and upon approval again i need to send HSMP(FLR). Would i need to submit the fees for each application or would it be common for both.

Many Many thanks for help

meggles

Post by meggles » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:02 pm

since you're here on WP. you first need to apply for HSMP. then you need to apply for FLR based on HSMP.

please see the links i posted earlier in this thread for the two applications. it's two seperate applications. two seperate payments.

badhorse

Re: No Ilts requirement for ppl switching from non hsmp tp h

Post by badhorse » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:31 pm

iloveuk wrote:hi hari,
I failed to understand why u needed English requirement since your case is initial leave to remain only.

Hope this helps
I think English is a must, no matter initial or extension applications for HSMP.

sameer123
Newly Registered

Post by sameer123 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi,

I have a work permit for 5 years but want to shift to HSMP. I want to know though if i am unable to get an extention of HSMP after 2 years can i still continue to work with the same company of work permit as it was for 5 years or would i need to go back or apply for work permit again.

Does the work permit still holds valid after getting the HSMP stamped

Thanks

cagrawal

Post by cagrawal » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Hope this helps
The english requirement is for both whether it is new HSMP or HSMP extension.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:34 pm

"Does the work permit still holds valid after getting the HSMP stamped"

No, you can only hold one immigration permission at any one time, you'd need another work permit and visa in the situation you outlined.
________
Rhode island medical marijuana dispensaries
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:36 pm

"The english requirement is for both whether it is new HSMP or HSMP extension."

There seems to have been some confusion in this thread about this, you don't need to prove English proficiency on the LTR application if you switch in country - just the HSMP approval and the extension application.
________
Vaporizer Affiliate Program
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cagrawal

Post by cagrawal » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:06 pm

Hope this helps
english requirement is for anyone who seeks HSMP, whether it is initial or extesion.