ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ltd. Company documents required for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vizh
Newly Registered

Ltd. Company documents required for ILR

Post by vizh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my PR in 2nd week of Dec. and preparing my documents for the same.

My background:
I was on HSMP visa for the first 2 years and then on Tier I visa valid until mid of Jan. 2013. I was working for a company as a permanent employee and since Apr. 2012 I am working as a sole director of a ltd. company. But, I did not transfer the money every month since April in the form of salary instead I transferred a lumpsum amount a month back to my personal bank account. So, my personal bank statements do not show the salary for each month from my business account. (instead, I have the proof for the lumpsum amount transferred and credited.) If this cannot suffice the documentation requirement for ILR, what else can I provide? Please enlighten me on this...

sriram
Newly Registered

Re: Ltd. Company documents required for ILR

Post by sriram » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 am

Hi,

You started the company few months back, so its quite obvious you end up getting confused with your accounts.

I am not sure whether this will really work, but its just a thought.
Your Accountant should give a Salary schedule for 2012-2013. From April till November, make transfers from Business Bank Accountant to Personal Bank Account individually. Mention each transaction as Arrears salary for June ...etc. Make sure you pay all the NI and taxes which should reflect in your statement. I hope you have paid VAT for the quarter if not please do it.

Your Accountant should give you a dividend schedule for the year. Eg 2300£ Per month. Calculate for 7 months ( to some extent you have already paid) if anything left pay to yourself and say balance dividends arrears in the remarks.

Prepare a separate Covering letter for your Financial Information, reflecting clearly the points above, I would love to mention this that I have recently opened the company and still trying to understand the things.

I would still prefer to leave this question open for senior member to ratify

Regards
Sriram

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:59 am

OP - read my experience here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=800

The caseworker doesn't care whether you pay yourself each month or not, all they care about is what you are claiming as your income (salary + dividend) tallys up with your bank statements. So if you've paid yourself a lumpsum amount and it's appearing in your personal bank statement (as incoming) and business bank statement (as outgoing) I would think you are ok. Have your accountant verify the payment schedule for you and make sure your payslips also confirm this.

To be on the safe side take your contracts and invoices for the period you are claiming income for.

vizh
Newly Registered

Post by vizh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks a lot sriram and jagacharaja. Sorry for the delay in reply, I was away for a few days due to some urgency in the family.

I have my appointment due next week. I have got all the letters from my accountant showing my dividends and salary, the letter for the dividends and salary I'm claiming are all true, etc. I have transferred the dividends in Dec as well from my business account to personal a/c. and the accountant has included that in his letter. But, my personal bank statement show the transactions made before Dec i.e., 30th Nov. (The dividend is transferred after that) and I get the business account statements once in 3 months and the next statement I get only on 20th of January. So, I took requested for the personal and business bank account statements and the bank executive printed it on the bank letterhead (with the bank logo on it), but the details on the print out is different than I usually get every month from the bank. Is that ok to submit this printout taken only for Dec? (For the previous months, I have the originals).

Also, please suggest me for which period I can claim points if I wish to include Dec. 2012 statements.

Thanks a lot in advance.

soniauk
Newly Registered

ILR Appointment on 16th Jan, Please help!! (Ltd Company)

Post by soniauk » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:49 am

@sriram and @jagacharaja, i am also in similar situation and nervous.

In my case my contract job ended in 5 months and I haven't paid salary into my account , though i have dividends paid in. I will be claiming points on my dividends paid. However I have already paid NI to HMRC. Do i need to share this with the Case Worker?

The dividend transfers from my business account were termed as "business expenses". Does this look alarming??
Please share your views if somebody has been in such a situation as my appointment is due in the coming week on 16th.

Many thanks in advance.

Sonia.