ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO online appointment - tips

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vedant12
Newly Registered

PEO online appointment - tips

Post by vedant12 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Recently got an online appointment for ILR after a few attempts. Posting a few tips that may be beneficial for the group:

1. Found the safari browser more effective than IE or Chrome. While it is not foolproof, when you get a "page not displayed" error because the server is overloaded, Safari offers a higher chance of going "back" to the earlier page where all the data (preferred dates, centers, etc.) is already stored

2. Make sure you login latest by 1130 pm and ensure some activity on the page every 20 minutes to avoid getting logged out. Closer to 12 am, the load on the system increases considerably and it becomes difficult to login

3. Consider having more than one id to try with especially if you have 2 machines. While it does increase the load on the system, it improves your chances of getting a hit

4. For your first attempt, try and pick locations that may be less crowded than Croydon e.g. Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheffield. Once you get one slot, you can try for your "preferred" PEO center with a different id

5. Try and narrow your search. While the from/to dates are not mandatory fields, if you can be more specific about which date you want, it may increase your chances of getting a hit

6. Noticed that cancellations sometimes start getting displayed around 1145 pm so keep checking

7. Try and use a wireless router or preferably a cable / wired connection. While I am not a techie, I think the more solid your own connection, the better off you are given the load on the UKBA server is quite high

8. Finally, don't get disheartened if you don't strike gold in the first attempt. Most people I spoke to have tried for a few days at least between 12 and 1 am before they got the slot they wanted.

Good luck

akash08

Post by akash08 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Well I followed all tips and never got lucky. I used to get technical problem message between 00:00 am and 1 am and then no slot from there on.

For people who are unlucky like me, I used the service of an agent who took £85 to book an appointment. All they did is to create an id for me and use that to book appointment - nothing more or less.

Not sure how they get it when I can not but I was happy to get it exactly when I want and in the PEO I want.

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 am

Just tried booking online now, using 2 accounts for 20 Dec, I filled in a slot for Birmingham and Croydon... but on submitting both, both came up with Error messages.

trying again and now getting technical problems page.

balu_sw
Newly Registered

Post by balu_sw » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:58 am

I tried a few days between these times but couldn't get an appointment.
@akash08: Can you please provide the contact details of the agent who got an appointment for you??

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 am

Also go back and check your email. Sometimes you might get surprise.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.