ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent :: Tier-1 Extension Refused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narsii

Urgent :: Tier-1 Extension Refused

Post by narsii » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:20 pm

After almost 11 months of waiting , Today , I got a call form homeoffice that my visa application for tier-1 extension has been refused .

Reason :

Discrepancy in the financial documents provided ( Entries in the pay slips and bank statements do not match ) . They have not said any thing if I am eligible for an appeal against the decision .

My solicitor may be receiving the documents soon .

It would be greatful if i could get get any info on what should be done in a case if I dont have a right to appeal.

My application details below :

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : TIER 1 GENERAL Premium sameday service)
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 16/01/2012
3. Date application posted : 20/12/2011
4. Date payment debited : 20/12/2011
5. Payment mode : Premium Service
6. Acknowledgement received: 20/12/2011
7. Biometric letter received : 20/12/2011
8. Biometrics provided : Premium Service in croydon
9. Date Refused : ( 24-july-2012)

Cheers
Lakshmi

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:28 pm

It seems you made an in-time application so you will have a right of appeal.

tierjojo
Newly Registered

Post by tierjojo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 pm

sorry to hear this. Would you mind to provide more info so it helps other to understand you situation.
1- was you applied as employed or self-employed?
2- Was there only 1 or more entries does not match with payslip and bank stat?
3- Have you not mentioned this to your cover letter about the discrepancy in ur pay slips and bank stat.?

thanks..

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 pm

tierjojo wrote:sorry to hear this. Would you mind to provide more info so it helps other to understand you situation.
1- was you applied as employed or self-employed?
2- Was there only 1 or more entries does not match with payslip and bank stat?
3- Have you not mentioned this to your cover letter about the discrepancy in ur pay slips and bank stat.?

thanks..

I was Self-Employed and there were multiple entries ( i got my salary and expenses credited once in 3 months from my umbrella company and the payslips showed monthly , later i started my own LLC )

There were multiple enteries like above .

My solicitor haven't mentioned about this in the covering letter.

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It seems you made an in-time application so you will have a right of appeal.
Is it possible to re-apply with the modified / corrected financial documents ?

If so , can i go for a Premium service ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent :: Tier-1 Extension Refused

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:21 pm

narsii wrote:Today , I got a call form homeoffice that my visa application for tier-1 extension has been refused .
Date Refused : ( 24-july-2012)
Was the refusal communicated to you verbally over the phone?
If so, did they give any reason for calling in November 2012 for a refusal decision taken in July 2012?

This is the first time ever, that I know of, that an applicant has been communicated a decision on a "call". So, surprising for me at least.

Did the person on the call tell you when you will receive written confirmation on the decision?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:35 pm

I did not spot that and, yes, it's bizarre. Are you, in fact, referring to a recent notice of refusal for an appeal that was made after the refusal in July? And since when do they call with decisions? Please elaborate on what has actually happened.

narsii

Re: Urgent :: Tier-1 Extension Refused

Post by narsii » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:46 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
narsii wrote:Was the refusal communicated to you verbally over the phone?
If so, did they give any reason for calling in November 2012 for a refusal decision taken in July 2012?

This is the first time ever, that I know of, that an applicant has been communicated a decision on a "call". So, surprising for me at least.

Did the person on the call tell you when you will receive written confirmation on the decision?
Hi Sush,

Yes , The refusal was communicated verbally over the phone not just once but twice .

Mine is long story , Let me tell inshort .

Applied : 20 dec 2012 .
22nd Dec : Got an update from my solicitor that my application is undergoing further checks and verfications

no update till may 26

26 May 2012 : Till date i was waiting for the decision and suddenly on 26 th may solicitor got a call from HO saying my applications will be refused as there are descripencies in my payslips and bank statements .

no update from HO onwards.

On sep 7th 2012 , I met the local MP for expediting the visa process . she e-mailed to UKBA for a status update .

11 sep 2012 : UKBA responded that the case was decided ( refused ) on 24 th of july , and is awaiting a case worker to finish the formalities .

no update from HO onwards

5th oct : I again contacted MP's office for an update .

22nd oct : My father underwent a major surgery on ( Bipolar hemi arthoplasty ) so wanted to go india and wanted to expedite the case .

Got a link on trackitt.com (ashish ) who expedited his case by sending a fax to HO about his mother's illness.

No update

30 th Oct : got below response from UKBA .
The team are currently progressing through the backlog of cases and unable to provide an exact timescale for conclusion when my application will be formally refused .

30 th october : Sent a fax to HO providing the reports and letter from doctor with a covering letter .

today : after so many trails i got an update from HO .

She mentioned that the documents will be delivered in 3-4 days to the address provided in the application .

Still its a long story .

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:52 pm

It's a mess that perhaps has not ready solution from a discussion forum (on the basis of the information provided). I think it's best to leave it in the hands of your solicitor as he knows what happened and can act accordingly.

narsii

Post by narsii » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:54 am

Hi All,

After months of awaiting the day of hearing came 4th of Feb ,

Unfortunately the HO representative has determined to withdraw the application . He was not satisfied by the explanations provided by us and he needs some one from visa section to verify the explanations . he was asking for 2 proofs for the expenses reimbursed ( which were not mentioned in the payslips earlier)

Docs I submitted to the tribunal,

1.Letter from A/c explaining my earnings ( HO has refused my application for the discrepancy in the bank statement ,payslips and dividend vouchers)

2. Letter from solicitor / me explaining the same .

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:36 pm

[quote="narsii"

1.Letter from A/c explaining my earnings ( HO has refused my application for the discrepancy in the bank statement ,payslips and dividend vouchers)

2. Letter from solicitor / me explaining the same .[/quote]

I wish you all the very best for your visa.

narsii

Post by narsii » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi ,
Today i received the letter of determination from the tribunal about the withdrawl on the HO decision . Now i would like to write a letter to HO providing some more details ( My company's financial report and the P60s i got from the company which provide evidence of my earnings ) . Could some one let me know the address where I can send these . This may help the case worker in understanding the mistakes that were committed while submitting the application .

Cheers,
Lakshmi

narsii

Post by narsii » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:42 pm

After a long stressful awaiting , today I got call from my solicitors about the delivery of my BRP . I got the visa until 16-01-2014 . They have considered the additional documentation ( provided by my accountant in support of my previous earnings) . it has been a stressful and frustrating wait . I wholeheartedly thank all the members of the group who help me pass through this trauma .

Thank you .
Narsii

paba89

Post by paba89 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

narsii wrote:After a long stressful awaiting , today I got call from my solicitors about the delivery of my BRP . I got the visa until 16-01-2014 . They have considered the additional documentation ( provided by my accountant in support of my previous earnings) . it has been a stressful and frustrating wait . I wholeheartedly thank all the members of the group who help me pass through this trauma .

Thank you .
Narsii
Congratz bro. Its a message to all applicants. Always keep your application and circumstances simple and easy to keep yourself safe from these kinds of situation.

Thanks Nasri for sharing your experience.

susheel

Post by susheel » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:57 pm

narsii wrote:After a long stressful awaiting , today I got call from my solicitors about the delivery of my BRP . I got the visa until 16-01-2014 . They have considered the additional documentation ( provided by my accountant in support of my previous earnings) . it has been a stressful and frustrating wait . I wholeheartedly thank all the members of the group who help me pass through this trauma .

Thank you .
Narsii

Congratulation..