ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR m application question as dependent on ILR applicant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aneel_07

FLR m application question as dependent on ILR applicant

Post by aneel_07 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:08 am

Hi

I just got my ILR on 7/11/2012 from tier 1 5 yrs stay.

My initial Tier 1 and my wife's dependent visa both expire on 27th Nov.

Since my wife has yet not qualified for ILR, we need to apply FLRm for her.

Since my ILR just got approved yesterday, I have the following questions

1. Can I apply FLRm for my wife before I receive my biometric's card,which should arrive in 7 days time?

2. Can I delay the FLRm application close to the current dependant visa expiry and then post it. I am only checking the possibilty.

3. any major concerns with the above application?

Thanks in advance!

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:46 am

1. yes
2. yes
3. No

just for info..you wife can also apply on Tier1,2 & 5 extension visa even though you got ILR approved.
I had similar case, i applied for my wife extension after 1 week of my ILR approved.

FLR(M) is also option but Tier1,2 & 5 extension is more simpler.

mytier123
Newly Registered

Post by mytier123 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi,

I'm currently on Tier 1 (General) valid till Nov 2013 and I'm now eligibile for ILR. I got my wife and son on Tier 1 (General) dependent visa living with me in UK. My wife hasn't got the ILR eligibility yet and will be eligible next year in September 2013. In these circumstances, I have the following query.

If my ILR is successful, can my wife and son continue to be on Tier 1 (General) until November 2013 ? or will their Teir 1 dependent visa will be void once I get ILR and would require to apply for their extension through FLR(M) ?

Please suggest.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mytier123
Newly Registered

Post by mytier123 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Many Thanks sushdmehta. I understand the following criteria ..

" If the PBS dependant's current leave will expire after he/she has completed the qualifying period and the dependant meets the other requirements for settlement then the dependant may apply for settlement directly (319E). "

But the question is, my wife hasn't completed 2 years of term in UK yet and hence doesn't qualify for ILR ? If the answer to this question is "Yes", then if I apply for ILR and succeed in ILR, can she still continue to be in her current Tier 1 dependent visa which is valid till Nov 2013 or her T1 dependent visa will become void once I get ILR ? Please suggest.

Additional Information
-------------------------
My wife got Tier 1 (General) Dependent in Aug 2009 and travelled to UK for the first time on Aug 2009