ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistani Banks and Third Party Funding

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Pakistani Banks and Third Party Funding

Post by acc25tax » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi All,

I am very new to this forum but I think it is an amazing platform.

I am in the process of applying for my Entrepreneur visa through the PSW route.

I am applying on the basis of third party funding from Pakistan. The issue is only of the Bank Letter (KASB Bank for those who know the bank its a reputable bank)

I have a very close family contact who works in the bank and he has tried his level best to get the bank to write 'the funds are transferrable to the UK'

The bank is persistent that the third party (my father) has a savings account and the balance they show on the account maintenance certificate is cleared balance which in itself means that the deposit is not fixed.

In a summary the bank is not ready to change any of the format of the letter they provide. :(

As I mentioned that the close contact in the bank is at a good position and he has discussed the format provided by the UKBA in the Visa Policy with them and the Bank is not ready to issue any letter of that sort

I have an immigration lawyer who is helping me to lodge the application in the UK. Do you think if I ask my lawyer to write this on a cover letter it will help?

Do you think my visa will be rejected?

Other things along with my application are all complete.

The third party declaration from my father is ready and the legal representative letter is ready.

Its just the bank letter where the bank is addressing the letter to UKBA but will not agree to write or mention my name or my dads passport number or even the sentence 'funds are transferrable to the UK'

Please can the seniors and the experienced members shed some light on the issue.

Is there anyone out there who has faced the same issue.

Any guidance or help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

moongesture
Member of Standing

Re: Pakistani Banks and Third Party Funding

Post by moongesture » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 pm

acc25tax wrote:Hi All,

I am very new to this forum but I think it is an amazing platform.

I am in the process of applying for my Entrepreneur visa through the PSW route.

I am applying on the basis of third party funding from Pakistan. The issue is only of the Bank Letter (KASB Bank for those who know the bank its a reputable bank)

I have a very close family contact who works in the bank and he has tried his level best to get the bank to write 'the funds are transferrable to the UK'

The bank is persistent that the third party (my father) has a savings account and the balance they show on the account maintenance certificate is cleared balance which in itself means that the deposit is not fixed.

In a summary the bank is not ready to change any of the format of the letter they provide. :(

As I mentioned that the close contact in the bank is at a good position and he has discussed the format provided by the UKBA in the Visa Policy with them and the Bank is not ready to issue any letter of that sort

I have an immigration lawyer who is helping me to lodge the application in the UK. Do you think if I ask my lawyer to write this on a cover letter it will help?

Do you think my visa will be rejected?

Other things along with my application are all complete.

The third party declaration from my father is ready and the legal representative letter is ready.

Its just the bank letter where the bank is addressing the letter to UKBA but will not agree to write or mention my name or my dads passport number or even the sentence 'funds are transferrable to the UK'

Please can the seniors and the experienced members shed some light on the issue.

Is there anyone out there who has faced the same issue.

Any guidance or help will be highly appreciated

Thanks
In my opinion if the letter does not reflect the information as per specification provided at Para 99 of T1 Policy Guidance then it is highly unlikely that an application could be successful. Rather than taking any risk it is better to shift available funds in some other SBP regulated Bank.

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:58 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.

I will suggest them to shift funds however, when I shift to the different bank then I wont be able to provide a very long statement as currently the funds have been there for a long time.

Will that effect? As I have to apply by 22nd of November because the company I am using to apply for will be three months old on 22nd November

asif99
Newly Registered

hi

Post by asif99 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 pm

can some one please send me the third party bank letter on 50k route on this email add imrankh8911@yahoo.com, i know there is a sample down in the guidance but i personal have doubts and confusion, kindly if some body who had already submitted please send it to my email address.

Regards

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:26 pm

I have just had a chat with my father about opening a new bank account with a bank that is ready to provide the letter according the requirements of the UKBA.

Can anyone with more knowledge and experience look into the template below and find any problems with it?

Date:

To The UK Border Agency

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: $$$$$$ Passport No. $$$$$$$

We would like to confirm that Mr $$$$$, Passport No. $$$$$$, father of Mr $$$$$ and resident of $$$$$, Pakistan, Telephone number: $$$$$, Mobile: $$$$$, holds a bank account with us; Bank Account No. $$$$$ since$$$$$.
We further confirm that the balance in the mentioned account is PKR $$$$$ = GBP $$$$$ as of date $$$$$.

The funds held in the bank account are freely transferable to the UK.

Please also find the enclosed bank statements.

Our bank is regulated by the Government of Pakistan/State Bank of Pakistan.

If you require any further clarification/ information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours faithfully,

Name:
Designation:

However, a few questions:

1. If they open a new bank account they will have the bank balance maintenance on the bank statement for just a couple of days

2.Is this format acceptable?

I will be very thankful to anyone who provides help on the above matter.

Thanks in advance for the support and help

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Also can anybody guide as to which pakistani bank will be ready to provide a letter stating the above template? or something similar to this?

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:39 am

acc25tax wrote:Also can anybody guide as to which pakistani bank will be ready to provide a letter stating the above template? or something similar to this?
any bank can do it. Can you ask your bank as what is their hesitation there is no legal or policy restrictions on these banks but as you know some banks are efficiently providing service to customers while others are just making money. Try Standard Character, ABL & HMB.

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:43 am

Thank you so much for your reply. I have asked my father to move the funds to a new bank however as he moves the funds to the new bank the new bank will provide the letter and the statement however the statement will be of one or two days only. Do u think that will be an issue? In addition to that I am also providing the statement of the old bank and the cheque copy that will prove that funds were moved frm the same account holder to the same account holder...

Do u think that is sufficient?

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:40 am

No, its not a problem. Just keep your case simple.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:22 pm

acc25tax wrote:Thank you so much for your reply. I have asked my father to move the funds to a new bank however as he moves the funds to the new bank the new bank will provide the letter and the statement however the statement will be of one or two days only. Do u think that will be an issue? In addition to that I am also providing the statement of the old bank and the cheque copy that will prove that funds were moved frm the same account holder to the same account holder...

Do u think that is sufficient?
You should not attach old bank statement as UKBA does not bother about previous history of funds. They only need to look at your current account status.

Also, in your bank letter if they can include your name that you have access to these funds then this would be better. As you are claiming points as follows:

Access to £50,000 = 25 points

Funds are freely transferable to UK = 25 points

Funds held in Regulated financial institution= 25 points

Good luck

thebestone

Post by thebestone » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:17 am

[quote="acc25tax"]

If you are providing bank letter according to their specified format there is no need to send bank statements as they dont bother about the bank statement from overseas bank.