ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted at Sheffield-Self Employed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Su_623
Newly Registered

ILR Granted at Sheffield-Self Employed

Post by Su_623 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been constant follower of this forum but have never asked any questions.
Yesterday me and my husband(main Applicant) went as self employed to Sheffield and have been granted ILR.

Our appointment was at 9AM so we were at the PEO around 8.35AM. Once we were inside the PEO we went straight to the counter as ours was the 1st appointment for the day, A lady at the counter checked the documents and gave a slip then lady in next counter saw all our documents, asked when the photos were taken we said 2 days back she said its fine. Wrote a piece of paper like application and put in front of our documents.

Then went to payment counter my husband used his card details,gave his debit card and payment was gone through successfully. Then around 10AM we were called for biometrics it was all done fine.

My husband was always a permanent employee in this country but last year he moved as self-employed and so case worker came and asked my husband in our systems you were never shown as self-employed, so my husband told that he was working as permanent and recently registered as self employed.

We haven't given invoices to case worker so he asked apart from accountant letter and bank statements is there any proof so we gave invoices, only hurdle was my husband work with his cousin whose company is registered at the same address where we live.

This was what we were scared of and caseworker did spot and asked how come client and u have same address then my husband explained which was fine.

Then again case worker came and brought the expenditure asking why there is 600 pounds of travel expenses which my partner again explained saying he had to travel and clients reimburse.

So after that case worker said he wont be long but still he took around an 1 hr to come back and around 11AM he said our ILR has been granted.

Documents we submitted were

Set(O) application+ 1 dependent
5yrs P60's,12 months bank statements.
accountant letter, Initial HSMP and Tier 1 approval letter
HMRC tax history, UTR reference.

Dependent docs:
employment letter, 12 months payslips, P60's
Cohab docs: 3yrs TV license,Marriage certificate,few bank statements covering last 2 yrs, none of the documents had me and my partner name together so not to worry much about cohab docs as I(dependent) got entry clearance from India in 2008 and since then I am in UK with my partner with tier 1 extension also, so it was very easy as we had no documents together.

So over all it was a nervous experience but it all went very fine.
Forgot to mention out of days for last 5 years for my husband were only 90 days which were all paid leave.

Please do email me if any questions, overall nothing to be scared of as long as you have all documents and have legally lived in this country for 5 yrs they have no reason to reject your ILR.

PLease don't get carried away with people's experience every case is different so go to ILR with a very positive attitude and be confident.

Now just waiting for biometric cards to receive.

Thanks a ton to this forum which is helping millions of immigrants across UK.

Thanks very much
Su...

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi su
Congrats...
Just couple of questions. What is UTR?
You said CW asked about 600 pounds travel expenditure? From which document did he pick that? And why they are bothered about expenditure and what did you say for that?

AaronVaid
Newly Registered

Post by AaronVaid » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi SU,

congrats !

need your help . I am working as director of a Limited company & own 100% shares of the company. Got my appntment on 7dec2012 at croydon....need to discuss certain things with you if you don't mind.

r_k_2_k@rediffmail.com

Thanks
K R

rushabhjvora

expenditure??

Post by rushabhjvora » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Did the case worker ask about your expenses?? I have 8000GBP expenses - all legitimate but I did not think that I need to prepare any documents to prove how I made it. I thought its HMRC's job to ask about expenses, but now I'll be prepared.

Su_623
Newly Registered

Post by Su_623 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 pm

UTR is the unique tax reference no you receive when you register yourself as self employed.

And CW asked about travel expense from P&L account which accountant prepared for which my husband said that since he is marketing of IT products he travel to client locations and for which CW was completely satisfied and happy.

Hope this helps if not please let me know m happy to help.

Su.